It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• 20Year old Male RA

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #1
    AchyJoints57

AchyJoints57 HB User
    20Year old Male RA

As of this moment I don't have a definitive diagnosis of RA.I looked at the risk that make you susceptible for RA and I don't seam to have/had any of them expect for once in a while being deficient in vitamin D.I had been on Plaquenil at one point early on when I first felt symptoms in 2018 or 2019 and felt better went to school felt fine then had to get off it due to side effects issues.Then he put me on meloxicam once off Plaquenil and I felt good as well.I had to leave my rheumatologist at the end of 2020 due to switching of insurance and my Rheumatoid Factor,Anti-ccp,CRP,WBC,RBC have come back negative.At times my ana and ear have been both positive and negative.I looked at his last portal note about me and he noted that he thinks it might fibromyalgia?I doubt that It is fibromyalgia as my body just aches hands wrists knees feet ankles and I have some stiffness from time to time(which is more associated with RA).I have family members with fibromyalgia not RA just to note.I'm scared and lonely in a pandemic where I might I might to take immunosuppressive drugs which is scary in our current time.I want to live a long full life I have huge dreams and don't know what to do?How have you guys gotten through your RA journey what helps you?What was/is your journey like?Can we just talk in the comments I feel depressed sad lonely and lost as if my world as I know it is over.RA feels as if its a death sentence where my life is cut 10-15 years from the average persons death;Excuse my pessimism and depression I am not usually like this as I am often very optimistic towards live and challenges.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: 20Year old Male RA

Many of the autoimmune disorders take months to years to fully develop enough to diagnose. 40% of people with RA have negative RA factor. Your ANA being positive at times may be significant. Do you know the titer? Lupus is a possibility as well. You should be evaluated by a rheumatologist. Xrays or MRI of your worst joints can be helpful if they show erosions, typical of RA. There are several other blood tests that can be done to check it out further. Many people get told they have fibromyalgia early on or when their dr doesnít know what is going on. I hope you get the help you need and get answers soon. I spent 10 years in limbo without a diagnosis so I know how frustrating it is!
    Thatís unusually long, so donít worry itíll be like that for you.

Reply Reply

Tags
    diagnoisis, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (ra)