It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Can anyone give me input about a CBC?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #1
    alex57170

alex57170 HB User
    Can anyone give me input about a CBC?

Someone I know just got platelet count in the middle 130's and I'm terrified for them. Someone close to me in their 50s. I can post further info about blood work. I know CBC won't help much but I'm trying to read the tea leaves and see what I can figure out. Any input qualified or not, is more than welcome. Thank you all!

The last 24 hours I've memorized almost all the subtypes and symptoms. I will probably be asking A lot of questions on here. I apologize in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Can anyone give me input about a CBC?

Were other values out of range as well?
    135 is somewhat less than the low normal of 150 and would warrant further testing.

Medications and autoimmune disease can cause lower platelets as a start.

q

Old 04-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

That level is low but mildly so. I would not panic over this. It needs to be rechecked to see if it is trending lower or back to normal or staying the same. Platelets around 60,000 are associated with bleeding of gums, bruising etc. and under 20,000 more severe things like stroke, GI bleeds. She is well above the danger zone. As mentioned, meds, autoimmune disorders and viruses can cause low platelets. She should be in no danger as long as it is followed and investigated if it worsens.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

PS viruses and autoimmune disease can cause clues on the other components of the CBC so posting those results could be helpful.

Reply Reply