HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Weird symptoms (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/1052104-weird-symptoms.html)

Figurethisout 05-13-2021 07:08 PM

Weird symptoms

Hello. I'm a 22 year old female. I have had a migraine disorder since I was 12, but in February I started experiencing memory issues (forgetting where I was, memories felt like dreams, trouble remembering words I wanted to say), then began experiencing episodes of head movement where my brain feels like it it swirling towards the middle of my head (I do not feel like I am moving).

I've had 3 experiences where I was sitting in a parked vehicle and felt it was moving at super speed and took my brain awhile to figure out the car wasn't moving. During an episode I am extremely nauseous, feel out of it and off. After it ends I sleep for several hours.

Since this has started I have not been able to drive because it isn't safe during episode so I haven't been able to work.

My PCP thought it was mental health related as I have an anxiety disorder. Went to the ER only to be told there was nothing to do because it wasn't an emergency. Saw a neurologist who performed 3 MRIs (all normal) and 2 EEGs (1 abnormal, 1 normal)

Well yesterday I went to the ER once again because I had a new symptom. A portion of the right side of my face had a burning, tingling, raw sensation that was only relieved by an icepack. There was nothing visual on the outside. The ER doctor said he couldn't do anything but said all my symptoms could be related to me having covid right before.

My Neurologist called me today and said because all my test were normal she feels I am fine ,despite my symptoms, and stopped being my doctor.

Please if you have any idea what this is or if you've experienced this yourself please help me ! I want my life back ! I want to figure this out and for someone to actually work to figure it out even if it's not life threatening.

JohnR41 05-14-2021 07:02 AM

Re: Weird symptoms

Hi Figurethisout,

I think your PCP was correct to say that it is "mental health related" because you have an "anxiety disorder".

I think the combination of migraines and anxiety can cause memory and perceptual organization issues. It's like one thing leading to another.

Have you ever been treated by a doctor for anxiety? That might be the key to solving the other problems.

Figurethisout 05-14-2021 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=JohnR41;5510685]Hi Figurethisout,

I think your PCP was correct to say that it is "mental health related" because you have an "anxiety disorder".

I think the combination of migraines and anxiety can cause memory and perceptual organization issues. It's like one thing leading to another.

Have you ever been treated by a doctor for anxiety? That might be the key to solving the other problems.[/QUOTE]

I'm already being treated for it. I've been on Paroxetine and Buspirone for a year now. My therapist and psychiatrist have both said it doesn't seem like anything mental health related.

Seraph 05-14-2021 11:14 PM

Have you had your ears checked? There is a slight connection between migraine and Meniere's disease. Some of your symptoms make me think of this. Cheers, Sera

Figurethisout 05-15-2021 05:58 AM

I've seen an ENT and had an inner ear MRI. Everything was normal.

JohnR41 05-15-2021 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=Figurethisout;5510700]I'm already being treated for it. I've been on Paroxetine and Buspirone for a year now. My therapist and psychiatrist have both said it doesn't seem like anything mental health related.[/QUOTE]

I did a little research and found something interesting that makes sense. To figure it out you would have use the process of elimination. Not on the mental side but on the physical side. The thing is, you may already have done that.

I assume you have had a blood test. You have had 3 MRIs etc.. If there were more tests that you haven't had, I assume your PCP would have mentioned them.

And your Neurologist said all your tests were normal.

But there is one thing: Your ER doctor said it could be related to you having COVID right before. In my opinion, that is entirely possible. Although I don't know of any test for that. If the ER doctor knew, he would have mentioned it.

Additional research says that COVID-19 symptoms can sometimes last for months. That being the case, your symptoms might just go away at some point.

That would come under the heading of "natural healing" so living a healthy lifestyle should help things along. Diet, exercise and so on.

quincy 05-15-2021 10:04 AM

I second seeing an ENT and get thoroughly tested possible Menieres or other that can affect your visual perception and balance.

Have you been tested for tmj?

q

JohnR41 05-16-2021 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=Figurethisout;5510718]I've seen an ENT and had an inner ear MRI. Everything was normal.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the above message yesterday so I stopped posting. Now that that is out of the way I do have another idea:

I'm surprised that your therapist and psychiatrist both agreed that it didn't seem like anything mental health related. And here's why I think that:

You said you had 3 experiences where you were sitting in a parked vehicle and felt it was moving at super speed and took your brain a while to figure out the car wasn't moving. Being that you had 3 MRIs we know it wasn't caused by a anything like a tumor.

So, if it wasn't physical, what was it? I would say you were hallucinating. There is a mental health condition that causes hallucinations and delusions and it often starts around age 20. Why your therapist and psychiatrist didn't mention this possibility I don't know.
You might want to check with them and ask them if they had some way of ruling out this possibility.