It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Exhaustion, Drugged, Sleeping After Eating

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
    unrob9
    (male)

unrob9 HB User
    Exhaustion, Drugged, Sleeping After Eating

Hello,

Regularly, when I eat - especially if wheat, flour products - my face flushes, nose runs, eyes sometimes run.
    Then, I get a drugged sinking feeling and exhaustion passes over me.
    My family - wife and kids - can tell when it's happening.

I can have cold chills associated with this.

Regularly, when this first phase occurs, I have 30 minutes (maybe) before I have to lay down.
    I can then sleep for hours - even if I just woke up.
    I'll slip in and out of consciousness, sometimes talk but don't remember.

Sometimes, when I wake up, I then feel like someone has poisoned me. I hunch over, stagger as if drunk, can't think clearly.
    At times, I feels, well, like I've been poisoned. This can last - at bad times - for hours.

I've had blood sugar checked, MRI, ECGs, heart stress tests, allergy tests, Holter monitors for up to a week.
    Multiple EEGs - I've even induced this with EEG on my head.

The exhaustion is unstoppable. I struggle through it at times, but cannot beat it.

This has been happening for almost 3 years. My sister also experiences this.

If anyone has ever heard of, experienced, anything.
    Please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Exhaustion, Drugged, Sleeping After Eating

Have you had insulin levels checked after eating flour products?

q

Old 11-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Hi, Unrob9

Eliminate all wheat and flour products from your diet. You don't need them. There are plenty of other foods you can eat that will be better for you and you'll improve your health.

A couple of examples are steel-cut oats, barley, and 100% corn tortillas.

I'm not allergic to wheat and I eat Ezekiel bread made from various sprouted grains - no flour. It's 100% organic with no additives. Supermarkets keep it in the freezer and you need to keep it frozen so it doesn't spoil. (i.e., no preservatives). The main ingredient is wheat but you might want to give it a try to see if it's just flour products that cause your symptoms.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #4
    unrob9
    (male)

unrob9 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    Hi, Unrob9

Eliminate all wheat and flour products from your diet. You don't need them. There are plenty of other foods you can eat that will be better for you and you'll improve your health.

A couple of examples are steel-cut oats, barley, and 100% corn tortillas.

I'm not allergic to wheat and I eat Ezekiel bread made from various sprouted grains - no flour. It's 100% organic with no additives. Supermarkets keep it in the freezer and you need to keep it frozen so it doesn't spoil. (i.e., no preservatives). The main ingredient is wheat but you might want to give it a try to see if it's just flour products that cause your symptoms.
    Thank you.
    I no longer eat wheat or flour products. Early I eliminated it. I now only eat fruit veggies and meat protein.
    I can eat potatoes or corn without direct issue.
    I only eat lettuce wraps.

However, episodes still come regularly.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #5
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by unrob9 View Post
    Hello,

Regularly, when I eat - especially if wheat, flour products - my face flushes, nose runs, eyes sometimes run.
    Then, I get a drugged sinking feeling and exhaustion passes over me.
    My family - wife and kids - can tell when it's happening.

I can have cold chills associated with this.

Regularly, when this first phase occurs, I have 30 minutes (maybe) before I have to lay down.
    I can then sleep for hours - even if I just woke up.
    I'll slip in and out of consciousness, sometimes talk but don't remember.

Sometimes, when I wake up, I then feel like someone has poisoned me. I hunch over, stagger as if drunk, can't think clearly.
    At times, I feels, well, like I've been poisoned. This can last - at bad times - for hours.

I've had blood sugar checked, MRI, ECGs, heart stress tests, allergy tests, Holter monitors for up to a week.
    Multiple EEGs - I've even induced this with EEG on my head.

The exhaustion is unstoppable. I struggle through it at times, but cannot beat it.

This has been happening for almost 3 years. My sister also experiences this.

If anyone has ever heard of, experienced, anything.
    Please let me know.
    Just going over your opening post to see what I may have missed. What stands out now is your statement that you feel like you have been poisoned.

So now I'm wondering if you might have a perforated bowel and perhaps it's small but just big enough to make you sick. Some common symptoms include: Severe stomach pain, chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.

Common causes: knife or gun shot wound, severe blow to the abdomen, damage caused by swallowing foreign objects, damage caused by swallowing a caustic substance, appendicitis.

A perforation can also be caused by a colonoscopy or an operation where the doctor accidentally nicks your bowel but doesn't notice it.

Appendicitis: Were you checked for that?

Reply Reply

Tags
    after eating, exhaustion, fatigue, pass out