It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Inmate Headaches / Migraines

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-16-2022, 09:00 AM   #1
    MiniEnigma
    (male)

MiniEnigma HB User
    Post Inmate Headaches / Migraines

Hello,

My name is Robert and I am an inmate at Roderer Correctional Complex in LaGrange, Kentucky.

I have been experiencing some worrisome symptoms and I am curious to know if I should be worried, and how to proceed when speaking to medical staff. Sadly, it is hard to get any type of serious feedback from the medical team here.

I've already put in a sick call for these symptoms and was told it would be about two weeks to two and a half weeks before seeing a nurse practitioner.

Over the past two weeks, I have had a near-constant headache. About five years ago, I started having migraines, and the headache I mentioned is nothing compared to a migraine, but still constantly there. Along with the headache, I am experiencing random sharp pangs in my head. They are there and gone within the snap of a finger. Those are quite painful. Twice in the past two weeks, I've been struck with this sort of dizziness that I've never experienced. It's nothing like when you stand up to quickly or spin around in a chair. It's more of an "out of body monitoring of the thoughts." The closest feeling I can compare it to is the last two seconds of awareness when being put to sleep before surgery on through IV anesthesia, only it lasts about 20 seconds. Lastly, I'm having trouble with my memory. I'm not forgetting tasks or where I place things, but I'm losing words in sentences and feel like I really have to work to carry on a conversation. I struggle to remember easy words, and it's unlike that feeling of it being on the tip of your tongue. The word is just gone.

A brief medical history.

I have had untreated (The institution will not treat me) Chronic Hepatitis C for nearly ten years. I've been incarcerated for 8.5

I have no history of hypertension, high or low blood sugar, or any of the other common ailments.

I am not on any medication, with the exception of a generic pain reliever when the rare migraine strikes (the last was several weeks ago).

I strength train five days each week, with twenty minutes of cardio twice each week.

My diet is highly processed prison food.

I get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.

I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs.

I'm grateful for any information I can use when I am finally able to see my practitioner.

Thank you,

Robert

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    constant headaches, dizziness, hepatitis c, memory