HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Dark veins everywhere (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/125977-dark-veins-everywhere.html)

froglady20 11-13-2003 05:35 PM

Dark veins everywhere

I have something that has really started to bother me lately. I am 25 years old and I am starting to get very dark veins all over my body. I have them on my chest and they are wide and I won't where a tank top because of it. I can even see one up by my eye. They are also in my arms and legs. What is this? I have no insurance to go to the doctor so I am stuck. I know that stuff like this eventully happens, but I didn't think it would be this early. Like I said, I am 25 and I am a few pounds overweight, if that matters with this. HELP!

4given1 11-21-2003 05:25 PM

Re: Dark veins everywhere

Hi frogladay! Not sure if you're still following up on your post but I just had to say that when I hit 25, [I]everything[/I] started going downhill! :rolleyes: I started getting varicose veins, cellulite, adult-onset acne, weight gain..... you name it. What you're experiencing with your veins becoming more noticeable would seem to me just to be one of those not-so-welcome symptoms of aging, and if so, don't worry...you are [I]not[/I] alone! I would only be concerned if the veins actually begin to bulge or become painful.

rainbowdawn 11-26-2003 07:33 AM

I hear you. This past Spring I started noticing them on my chest and neck. They are on my legs and arms also. I asked my doctor about it and she said as long as they were all over and not just one some place that some people are more prone to getting them as they get older. I am losing weight and she said they may become less noticable. Otherwise its not a medical emeregency but something we have to live with. I wear lots of high collared shirts and am relaxing a bit. I was upset at first but realized I could have something worse. hang in there. Remember you are not alone!! :wave:

pfunk 01-19-2004 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=rainbowdawn]I hear you. This past Spring I started noticing them on my chest and neck. They are on my legs and arms also. I asked my doctor about it and she said as long as they were all over and not just one some place that some people are more prone to getting them as they get older. I am losing weight and she said they may become less noticable. Otherwise its not a medical emeregency but something we have to live with. I wear lots of high collared shirts and am relaxing a bit. I was upset at first but realized I could have something worse. hang in there. Remember you are not alone!! :wave:[/QUOTE]

It totally depends on your complexion. If they are all over, chances are you just have fair skin or thin skin that allows your veins to become more visible. It may be nothing to worry about and not at all varicose veins. However, if you have varicose veins. It is not a necessary symptom of aging as you say. If you improve your nutrition and your weight you can prevent new ones from forming. You can also have surgery to have the old ones removed that are not at all as invasive as the previous procedures such as stripping, ligation and sclerotherapy.