It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• food poisoning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
    rainbowdawn
    (female)

rainbowdawn HB User
    food poisoning

Could someone please give me symptoms of food poisoning? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
    911_mom

911_mom HB User
    Re: food poisoning

I would say vomiting and diarrhea. I have heard people say it feels like someone is ripping your insides out cause you throw up so much. I've never had it though, so I'm not positive.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:58 AM   #3
    hotater

hotater HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rainbowdawn
    Could someone please give me symptoms of food poisoning? Thanks!
    Food poisoning almost always shows it'self within six hours of eating the bad food. Your body WILL get rid of the offending material.......and anything else it has at the time.

The very thought of *that* food will bring on more vomiting or dry heaves, usually. It's normally pretty easy to figure out what did it to you.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
    James925

James925 HB User

If memory serves me right, i believe i also felt some back pain when i had Campylobacter food poisoning. Campylobacter food poisoning is usually from under cooked chicken. The symptoms of this infection also include bloody diarrhea and fever. I don't recall vomiting but i do recall this as being very painful and it lasted about a week but only four days of being in the hospital.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User

I had it once, years ago, and didn't get out of bed for three days except to throw up, and sometimes I'd just stay there on the bathroom floor, I was that sick. It's not always that easy to know what caused it. Mine was from a Christmas party I went to where out of 40 guests, almost 30 came down with the 'flu'. But trying to pinpoint the offending food was near impossible, though many thought it was the German potato salad. Some of us were sicker than others; I was one of the sickest as I honestly could barely walk. I suppose I should have been in a hospital but I didn't want to leave my children. Also, depending on which food poisoning you have, it can show itself as soon as two hours after eating, or up to 6-8 hours later, if not longer. Your best bet is to get yourself to a hospital if you suspect you have it as you can become dehydrated very quickly.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
    jboon
    (female)

jboon HB User

The couple times I've had food poisoning in my life it was marked by vomiting and a SEVERE headache (like someone was hitting my head with a hammer).

Closed Thread