It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Need Ideas of what is wrong with me....thanks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2004, 05:40 AM   #1
    Micky

Micky HB User
    Need Ideas of what is wrong with me....thanks

I don't know how to even ask for help, I know I should see a doctor but right now I dont have insurance and can only afford a doctors visit, no special tests etc.
    If I can find out what the main problem is with me,,,,,,,,I can lead my doctor into thinking on that and he can ask me questions . We live in a very small town and the doctors here are so busy it is hard to feel comfortable if you are not talking 90 to nothing , trying to jam in all the facts. I will find a new doctor that has time for me when I can afford it.
    But for now, this is the only way I can get meds if that is needed.
    So please if ya'll can help me out,,,,, I know this is just opinions and I will so grateful if you can just give me ideas , maybe a direction for me to look into to find out what my main problem is.

I am 37, 3 kids, I had a tubal ligation 9 yrs ago, C section same time. My periods are getting heavier and closer together, cramping is debilitating. I am starting to look and feel uncomfortably bloated,,,,my face is not the same because of the bloating. My eyes look strained, I have allergies it seems in them, watery itchy. I have some breakouts around PMS time, which is coming closer and closer.

From what I think may be going on is perimenapause,,,,,I have hot flashes, night sweats( really bad at times) restlessness, can't fall asleep, then I can't wake up. Tired all the time, extreame mental confustion, cant even get words out right at times. Low sex drive, not awful but different. In the last year I have also noticed darker , denser hair growth on my chin....yuk.
    I have trouble with my weight here lately,,,,,,,and I have alot of intestinal upsets.

I am not depressed, but I do know that I am not doing all I should to be healthy IE exercising , better diet etc.

So do you think that perimenapause might be the problem??

If so,,,,,,,did any of you go on BirthControl pills for this? What are the options of treatment out there?

Thanks so much........Mickey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #2
    Dear Maggie
    Inactive
    (female)

Dear Maggie HB User
    watery, itchy eyes - when did this start?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mickey
    My eyes look strained, I have allergies it seems in them, watery itchy. I have some breakouts around PMS time, which is coming closer and closer.

I have hot flashes, night sweats( really bad at times) restlessness, can't fall asleep, then I can't wake up. Tired all the time, extreme mental confusion, cant even get words out right at times. Low sex drive, not awful but different. I have trouble with my weight here lately,,,,,,,and I have alot of intestinal upsets.

What are the options of treatment out there?
    Have you noticed that many of these symptoms are the CFS symptoms, which even though written first by CDC in 1988 are the same as 'Gulf War Syndrome' Illness?

Some of these other things do sound like pre menopausal ... however, they can also fit in the 'package' of chronic fatigue syndrome or 'gulf war syndrome' illness BECAUSE the reproductive system is part of the endocrine system ... that is why low sex drive, for instance, a hormonal imbalance. Kidney and liver function needs to be checked too. Don't know what that test is.

The biggest clue you give here, however, is the watery, itchy eyes. The strongest exposure to 2-butoxyethanol (ethylene glycol monobuty ether) is through the eye membranes. You would learn a lot to read many of my other posts.

If your doctor would order 2 simple add on blood tests, you could just go the lab & get them done for about $70 total. This will show up ... if an often overlooked form of fatigue ... from this chemical family ... is the culprit. If one of your doctors were to become interested in this, they could be instrumental in getting help for all with CFS (meaning they don't know the cause of fatigue) ... and today's military, too.

If the doctor would order the 'retic' ratio (Reticulocyte Count) and ask for comment on the size and shape of the red blood cells. ... AND the Complete Blood Counts with differential (the combined tests are around $70 in our area) The headaches and neurological effects of this chemical SCREAM LOUDER such as the difficulty concentrating and the sleep problems and the short term memory loss you mention,

but the provable harm is the fatigue caused by prematurely destroyed red blood cells. With all these odd symptoms having to be part of the package of harm of this chemical, though, you can see why doctors have been stumped these past 60 years ... and also why they didn't find this harm in the military, either ... then or now.

What were you doing when your eyes started burning and itching and you felt the fatigue?

PS, menstrual irregularities is one of the signs of too much of a chemical exposure of some kind. Here is the list, most frequent signs first:

headache,
    sore throat,
    voice change or loss,
    constant humph,
    catarrh,
    unexpected tiredness,
    fatigue,
    sore/watery/gritty eyes,
    irritability,
    anxiety,
    depression,
    loss of concentration,
    short-term memory loss,
    reactions to other chemicals,
    dizziness,
    blocked nose,
    rhinitis,
    mouth ulcers,
    bad/metallic taste in mouth,
    lip sores,
    chest tightness,
    shortness of breath,
    chest pains,
    asthma,
    sinusitis,
    nasal discharge,
    nose bleeds,
    ulceration of nasal mucosa,
    itchy burning skin,
    rashes,
    dermatitis,
    aching joints and muscles,
    fibromyalgia,
    uncontrollable twitching,
    heart arrhythmia's,
    palpitations,
    abdominal pain,
    nausea,
    diarrhea,
    tinnitus,
    earache,
    pins and needles,
    numbness in fingers and toes,
    Raynaudís Syndrome,
    menstrual irregularities,
    pain/difficulty urinating.

Other areas of concern include liver damage, cancer, teeth and gum problems, reproductive effects and lack of interest in sex.

Last edited by Dear Maggie; 05-02-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
    positive4u
    Veteran

positive4u HB User
    Re: Need Ideas of what is wrong with me....thanks

Dear Maggie-
    What if all the blood tests are NORMAL?
    Positive4U

Old 05-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
    Dear Maggie
    Inactive
    (female)

Dear Maggie HB User
    The blood tests that are usually done, are normal

The first blood tests that are done usually do show normal

Have you had the 'retic' ratio?

and the differentials with the complete blood counts?

Closed Thread