HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Toradol (Ketorolac) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/174128-toradol-ketorolac.html)

JewelTuttle 05-14-2004 03:05 PM

Toradol (Ketorolac)

In May of 1999 I was given an injection of Toradol in my right hip.. Within a few minutes I was having severe chestpains and I was numb from waist to my foot on my right side. I also had difficulty breathing, and in general I just felt ill. Within another 10 minutes, I couldn't stand on my right leg. The hospital did an EKG on me and said it should go away and they sent me home. But I was in worse shape than before I went to hospital (I went for a spasm in my left shoulder). About an hour after I returned home I started bleeding from either from kidneys when I would urinate. I felt pains in my left kidney but I couldn't feel my right side. My husband wanted to take me back to the hospital, but I waited and after about an hour and a half it stopped. All during that night I felt really ill. My husband would have to take me to the bathroom and I couldn't urinate anymore than a teaspoon. The next morning I had an appointment with my allergist, Dr. William McCall in Winston-Salem, NC. At the time he only worked a day or so a week, he had nearly retired. I had been seeing him for about 25 years. He told me to see my regular doctor, who was in the same office. I tried to see my doctor that day, but he didn't have an opening for me (Dr. Patrick Healy of Forsyth Internal Medicine). I went home and go to bed, and I felt deathly sick, and then I went back to the hospital. They then X-ray my back and it doesn't show anything. They call my doctor's office while I'm there (Dr. Healy), and he was supposed to call me in the morning. All this while I still can't urinate. So finally I called Dr. Healy's office, but he couldn't see me that day so he makes an appointment 2 days from then. I told him I couldn't wait that long so I went to his office. After I went to his office he delayed all his patients to see me. He knew what had happened to me because he works for the hospital. He told me it was the Toradol that had caused my problems. Now it's 5 years later and I still have to use a walker or wheelchair to move around. I'm still bleeding from my kidneys, and bowel incontience. I still can't feel anything on my right side from my waist down. There's much more to this but this is a warning to people considering Toradol. I've been written in the FDA records and many other people have been as well, and many have died from the drug. FDA sent me many records about people being injured from Toradol. Hoffman La Roche wine and dine the FDA and send them on vacations to keep this drug on the market. There are other alternatives to this drug if you're in pain. I don't want to see anyone else in my position. It ruined my life. And the doctors tried to cover it up. The only sincere doctor in the case was Dr. Travis Jackson, a neurologist.
Now they think I hemorrhaged in my spine and kidneys. The drug can cause you to hemorrhage in various places. I had a life before Toradol, make sure you do. Don't take it.
[ [COLOR=Sienna][I]removed [/I] [/COLOR] ]

positive4u 05-14-2004 10:02 PM

Re: Toradol (Ketorolac)

I've had Toradol injection several times in the hospital setting on more than one admission. The only thing I've experienced is pain relief. Keep everything in perspective.
Positive4U :)

JewelTuttle 05-16-2004 04:50 PM

I am keeping everything in perspective. I received reports from FDA that showed it caused hemorrhaging (not just in the GI, but also through the kidneys, and even spine) and even death here in the US. You're one of the lucky ones who didn't hemorrhage, or you aren't 6 feet under. Did your doctor warn you of the serious side effects of the drug? Also, I think Toradol was not allowed in Germany. I have probably around 600 pages from Medline about adverse effects of Toradol, they were serious injuring as well. I was also given 60mg im.

OhIO 901 05-18-2004 07:01 AM

I have had toradol injections for the past 4 years, and have never had a problem with it. Only pain relief. However, I am glad your wrote this, because I certainly was unaware that their were any problems with its use. I will check into it before I get my next shot.