It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Can a person have "too many" white blood cells?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
    Dark Stranger
    Inactive
    (female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
    Can a person have "too many" white blood cells?

As always, there's a story to go with this post...

On Friday my boyfriend and I were hanging out in the high school and he was playing with my hair tie. He wrapped it tightly around his finger trying to get it to turn purple (I was doing the same thing earlier in the day). But it turned white instead. He joked and said "Maybe I have too many white blood cells". I laughed, but that got me thinking...

Is that possible? His immune system is just out of this world. About 4 or 5 times in the past I've kissed him (on the lips, yes, for inquiring minds ) while I had a cold and he never got sick once.

I know eating fruits and veggies helps build immunity, but he told me flat out "I hate anything that's good for me". Now I'm confused...

Dark Stranger - just got over a recurring cold in May

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
    nyxin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
    Re: Can a person have "too many" white blood cells?

because his finger turned white does not have anything to do with white blood cells. nothing at all.

to answer your question, yes. too many white blood cells mean an infection and if there are way too many it can mean a very serious illness.

again, don't freak out here because you can not determine a white blood cell count from a white finger. no worries.
    C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread