It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Throwing up blood

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
    Perfectionizt

Perfectionizt HB User
    Throwing up blood

One of my friends , 17yrs old told me that sometimes she vomits a little bit of blood from time to time..does anyone know what this could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Re: Throwing up blood

Does your friend smoke quite a bit? Or having an ongoing cold? It could be bronchitis. Either way, a visit to the doctor should be in order for a chest xray, and antibotics if it is. Throwing up blood is an indication something is askew, not normal.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #3
    jerrie97
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jerrie97 HB User
    Re: Throwing up blood

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Perfectionizt
    One of my friends , 17yrs old told me that sometimes she vomits a little bit of blood from time to time..does anyone know what this could be?
    Has she taken NSAIDs regularly (Advil, Aleve, etc.)? Does she drink or have cirrhosis of the liver?

A little bit of blood in vomit is considered mild hematemesis, but it still needs medical attention. Massive hematemesis needs immediate attention.

Hematemesis is usually seen with Mallory-Weiss tears (esophageal tear), esophageal varices, peptic ulcer disease, and erosive gastritis. Get her to see a doctor.

Closed Thread