It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Endometrial Lining Thickening..Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2004, 06:15 AM   #1
    angie316

angie316 HB User
    Endometrial Lining Thickening..Please Help!

I went to the Dr. last week for my regular pap test and told him about my abnormal bleeding the same day I had a TV ultrasound done. That sound endometrial lining thickening of 13.5mm with small calcification look appearances were the tech's exact notes. Everything else seemed ok. I go tomorrow for a D&C and biopsy.

Does anyone know what I should expect next? What is going on in my body..what it could be?? I have sever cramping in my abdomin and back and pains sometimes. I am on birth control but still bleed sometimes. I am 27 years old. PLease help...ANYONE!!
    Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
    dreamer89
    Inactive
    (female)

dreamer89 HB User
    Re: Endometrial Lining Thickening..Please Help!

I don't know what the problem is exactly, I know that with me heavy bleeding and cramping before and during the period but not in between is what sent me to the doctor and there is a strong possiblity of adnomyosis, but in your case especially being on bc pills could be fibroids? or to much estrogen? did you discuss the possibiltiies or did he just say you need a d and c? make sure that he uses a hysteoscopy, doing a blind d and c is a waste of time and money,

hysteoscopy is more accurate, I was supposed to do this but I felt rushed, I told the doctor when I have decided what to do and have other tests done (which he did not suggest but a second opinion doctor did,) such as mri for adnomyosis then I would decide since I was only going to do any surgury related to my problem once, none of this going three or four times over several years to d and c's like I have read the experiences of other people.. also did he say whether the uterus is normal size at all?

to much endrometrium I would say is a hormone problem your doctor should know that but with you taking pills maybe the type and dosage need adjusting? you could do some research on the net, too much endometrium could mean you are not ovulating, 90 percent of women who have thickening endometerium do not ovulate.

so the endo keeps growing and growing and has no hormones released by the egg to stopp the build up and then is sloshes off unpredictably. h

hope you get it straigtened out.

RR keep us posted on what you discover,

Old 06-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #3
    angie316

angie316 HB User

There were no fibroids that shown on the ultrasound and he said my uterus and ovaries were ok in size. I will definately ask him tomorrow about the things you brought up. Thank yoU!!

Old 07-10-2004, 03:53 AM   #4
    girrl75
    Inactive

girrl75 HB User

Angie.......what kind of b/c are you on? I was on Depo for 2 years and I ended up with the same problem due to not having my period while on the shot.

Closed Thread