It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Large Pupils

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #1
    beachbum505

beachbum505 HB User
    Large Pupils

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.... umm recently my pupils have been really big when others are fairly small and normal.... I'm not sick, I don't feel any symptoms that could lead to something, I don't do drugs and I'm not on any medication... Can i just have larger pupils than other people or can this be a sign of something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Large Pupils

Hi,

Have you at least had an eye examination?

Do your pupils at least react to light/dark? You can stand infront of a mirror....then shut your eyes and cover them with your hands to completely block out the light (don't press) for about 30 seconds. Then uncover your eyes and open them and see if your pupils react and turn smaller. If they don't react, then there's definitely something wrong.

When you're out in the daylight, do your pupils get smaller?

Do your eyes adjust well when in the dark?

Are you a very relaxed person....no anxiety or tension?

My pupils are smaller than other people's ..... They're normally about half the size of my husband's.... I'm on Effexor Xr (low dosage), and that's increased their size somewhat. I had a WOW factor when everything looked so much brighter and colourful. I suppose I have an "uptight" disposition

In any event..unless your pupils are dilated ALL the time or one is much smaller than the other and they react to light/dark, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

....and I'm slightly envious!!

Best to you
    quincy

Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
    Geenah

Geenah HB User
    Re: Large Pupils

Hi beachbum-
    I ran across your post and felt I had to drop you a note.... Since forever, my pupils have been extremely huge also. I've been pulled over for silly traffic tickets and asked if I was on something..(which I was not. I don't do drugs either) And people always comment on this. Let me ask you this- Do you have a hard time seeing at night?-(like is it harder to drive in the dark?) I really don't have any major vision problems or anything, but it is harder for me to see at night and the eye Dr. told me it was because I had larger than normal pupils. He told me this is hereditary. (my mom has this too) Does anyone else in your family have this problem? I guess if this is something new maybe you should go get it checked out-
    Good luck to you-

Closed Thread