It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Birth Control, Melasma, and Tanning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
    fadam0023

fadam0023 HB User
    Birth Control, Melasma, and Tanning

Back in Jun I did the tanning beds 4 times. It was over a month an a half ago. My face is now starting to look different. Parts of my face is white and parts of my face is olive. Could it just be my tan fading or does it sound like Melasma. I have been on birth control(lo/ovral generic) and so I am not sure if this could be melasma. Has anyone gotten melasma w/ birth control? Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
    AnnieinPA
    (female)

AnnieinPA HB User
    Re: Birth Control, Melasma, and Tanning

It definitely sounds like melasma to me. I myself have not reacted that way to birth control, but I know people who have. If it is right around your mouth and forehead, that's probably what it is. Microdermabrasion, although expensive, normally clears it up pretty well. Five sessions I believe in my area run close to $900.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
    AbbyS

AbbyS HB User
    Re: Birth Control, Melasma, and Tanning

probably is melasma, the hormones in birth control make it worse for some reason, but mostly tanning is what makes it noticable. a general doctor can give you some retin-a cream to fade it but you will have to use sunscreen also.
    hope this helps. I have several large spots but they always fade in the winter.

Closed Thread