It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• When I bend my legs, I get this weird sound...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 01:54 AM   #1
    boa

boa HB User
    When I bend my legs, I get this weird sound...

Whenever I bend my legs, I hear this pop noise. (sort of like when you punch out those packaging protection cover things with air in them, I don't know what those are called.)

Could it be that I'm not exercising my legs enough? Although, I do walk a lot and occasionally run and play basketball. It doesn't really hurt but the noise really bothers me. I just noticed that whenever I bend my legs all the way, I hear it pretty much every time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #2
    joebloggs2
    Veteran
    (male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
    Re: When I bend my legs, I get this weird sound...

I sometimes get that, my kneecap does it I think.. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:52 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

God, both my knees have been doing that since i was in grade school(I am now forty something)Have no idea why,they just did.I don't think it is anything serious.I would have to do those deep knee bends while in like the sixth grade? and myself and two other girls would make that same sound as soon as we bent downwards.Of course this kept the giggles going and the teacher would get a little POed.But we could not help it.I seriously don't think that you have anything to worry about.unless you show signs of swelling or pain,you will just have to live with it.sorry i couldn't be of much help.

Last edited by feelbad; 09-16-2004 at 03:54 AM. Reason: cannot spell today!

Old 09-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #4
    boa

boa HB User

Wow... yeah, I think it is the kneecaps too.

So you guys haven't gone to the doctor about this either? I guess it's not much of a big deal, just sort of annoying and unusual. When I'm stretching my legs, the people around me would say to me like, "Ah, are you ok?" I guess it's a bit embarrassing too.

I was worried that every time it makes that snap sound, it could be tearing off a piece of something...

Old 09-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #5
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

I get that too in my ankle. I sprained my ankle really bad when I was about 6 and it has cracked ever since and I always feel like I need to crack it.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
    NinjaCowboy
    (female)

NinjaCowboy HB User

I never thought this was a problem. I just thought it was like when people crack their knuckles. But I don't know, maybe I'm weird.
    My toes, ankles, knees, one hip, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, back, neck, and jaw all crack. That's just about everything isn't it...
    Most crack on their own, but sometimes I purposely crack something because it feels good - like my back after sitting at the computer for awhile. I've been like this since I was a kid, and if it doesn't hurt or anything, I don't think it's a problem.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #7
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User

Oooh.. nothing like the crack of the back after sitting in a computer chair for a few hours!

Closed Thread