It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Dark visible veins

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
    notfeelingood

notfeelingood HB User
    Question Dark visible veins

Just wondering if anyone could help me with this question. In the past few months I have noticed that I have become very VERY veiny I mean I can practically see every vein in both legs and have very blue visible veins around each elbow and down arms. I have always been able to see veins but nowhere near this dark and they just showed up one day out of nowhere. I also see them on my chest and stomach just not as dark. They are not varicose and not painful. I also posted this on thyroid since they developed right after I was diagnosed hypothyroid and started meds but have had no answers and can not find visible veins listed anywhere as a symptom. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
    NinjaCowboy
    (female)

NinjaCowboy HB User
    Re: Dark visible veins

I really don't know, but I hope you find some answers. Maybe it's a reaction to the meds you are taking?

Old 09-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Dark visible veins

Hi,

It's because your skin is transparent and/or thin and your veins are closer to the surface.

I have the same thing.....and I don't like it at all. It's gotten worse as I'm getting older.

Self-tanner will help them to not be so noticable as would a slight natural tan (melanin increase) -- but there are obvious side effects (tanning) if done consistently.

I inherited mine......soon they'll be able to use me as a vein model!!

quincy

Closed Thread