It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• numb fingers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #1
    chelbie

chelbie HB User
    Question numb fingers

Hi everybody, I'm new and wanted to ask a question. I've been having problems with my hands and fingers going numb. It is mainly my right hand(and I am right handed). It use to happen mainly when I wake up in the morning, but now it is happening when doing meticulus work. This morning I was dusting and my fingers were going numb. Does anybody else have this kind of problem, and what is causing this to happen? Do I need to see a doctor about this? Thanks for any helpful info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
    spacie_6

spacie_6 HB User
    Re: numb fingers

Have you had a history of using your hands alot for manual labour? You could possibly have carpal tunnel syndrom. My Father has it really bad in both hands/wrists. Anytime he raises his arms (like painting, holding a fork, ect) his hands go numb. Yours does not sound as bad, but could progress. My father also has pain associated with his (arthritis). It is just a possibility, get it checked out.

P.S. - I've heard from many people that a chiropractor can do alot for CT and works wonders

good luck! hope you find your answer!

Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
    POLLY2004

POLLY2004 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chelbie
    Hi everybody, I'm new and wanted to ask a question. I've been having problems with my hands and fingers going numb. It is mainly my right hand(and I am right handed). It use to happen mainly when I wake up in the morning, but now it is happening when doing meticulus work. This morning I was dusting and my fingers were going numb. Does anybody else have this kind of problem, and what is causing this to happen? Do I need to see a doctor about this? Thanks for any helpful info.

Have your thyroid checked out.Your levels could be off.

Old 10-22-2004, 01:40 PM   #4
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User

It could be a circulation problem. If it keeps happening I would see a doctor about it. Parts of the body going numb can be very painful.

Closed Thread