HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Ears are plugged??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/252638-ears-plugged.html)

anton2 02-13-2005 11:39 AM

Ears are plugged???

Hi everyone. Last Monday( a week tommorow) I suddenly heard loud ringing in my right ear that lasted all day and night, well I finally fell asleep and woke up with my ears all plugged up. Went to see Dr. on Thursday and she said I had no infection. Well I still am plugged and it's driving me crazy. I have never had this before. I don't have any other symptoms either---no congestion, coughing, stuffy nose etc... and my ears don't hurt either---just pressure and plugging--kind of like when I get off the plane (only that lasts like 10 mins). Please if anyone knows what this could be let me know. I am going to rip off my ears pretty soon! Thanks!

Misty800 02-13-2005 01:44 PM

Re: Ears are plugged???

Chewing gum might help. Most likely you are having an allergy problem and taking an anahistamine would help.

geneur 02-14-2005 09:27 AM

I had this last year, and when I went to the ENT, they said I was having some eustachian tube problems. I think my right ear was clogged for 2 weeks solid! Very annoying! Sometimes, taking an antihistamine can help. thankfully, my finally went back to normal pressure... just give it a little time, and I bet it will normalize. But try taking a decongestant or antihistamine.

anton2 02-14-2005 12:35 PM

Thanks for your replies guys, It is a week today that I have had this--right ear seems to be worse then left. Oh well I have a physical on Thursday so I will definately get it checked out. Thanks--Oh and Happy Valentine's day!!!

hobogirl 02-15-2005 11:12 AM

Good luck on finding out the problem. I have had the same problem with my left ear for 6 weeks. I saw an ENT last week and he seems to think that the swelling will go down on it's own, but he did put a tube in my ear to help with my hearing. It has helped with the hearing but my ear is still stopped up. I am like you have nothing else going on that I know of.

Carol229 03-15-2005 08:48 AM

[FONT=Arial]My ears have been plugged for more than a month now. I saw a EMT who said except for a slight hearing loss (genetic) everything else looked good. I have constant ringing too. It is very frustrating as you all know. For now I am using a nasal spray and Claritin. It seemed like things were getting better, but my ears are beginning to have that clogged feeling again. I will be interested if any of you find anything more definitive about our common problem. I was cleared to go on a dive trip in a couple of weeks, since my eustacian tubes are clear.[/FONT]

luv2read 03-18-2005 02:23 AM

I hate this feeling. Mine have been like this for years, 24/7. Ears are always clear, no infection. I've put it down to my TMJ problems. It just feels like there should be a big ball of wax in both ears plugging it up. I get the ringing in the ears also.