It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Ears are plugged???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
    anton2

anton2 HB User
    Ears are plugged???

Hi everyone. Last Monday( a week tommorow) I suddenly heard loud ringing in my right ear that lasted all day and night, well I finally fell asleep and woke up with my ears all plugged up. Went to see Dr. on Thursday and she said I had no infection. Well I still am plugged and it's driving me crazy. I have never had this before. I don't have any other symptoms either---no congestion, coughing, stuffy nose etc... and my ears don't hurt either---just pressure and plugging--kind of like when I get off the plane (only that lasts like 10 mins). Please if anyone knows what this could be let me know. I am going to rip off my ears pretty soon! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: Ears are plugged???

Chewing gum might help. Most likely you are having an allergy problem and taking an anahistamine would help.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
    geneur
    (female)

geneur HB User

I had this last year, and when I went to the ENT, they said I was having some eustachian tube problems. I think my right ear was clogged for 2 weeks solid! Very annoying! Sometimes, taking an antihistamine can help. thankfully, my finally went back to normal pressure... just give it a little time, and I bet it will normalize. But try taking a decongestant or antihistamine.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
    anton2

anton2 HB User

Thanks for your replies guys, It is a week today that I have had this--right ear seems to be worse then left. Oh well I have a physical on Thursday so I will definately get it checked out. Thanks--Oh and Happy Valentine's day!!!

Old 02-15-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
    hobogirl
    (female)

hobogirl HB User

Good luck on finding out the problem. I have had the same problem with my left ear for 6 weeks. I saw an ENT last week and he seems to think that the swelling will go down on it's own, but he did put a tube in my ear to help with my hearing. It has helped with the hearing but my ear is still stopped up. I am like you have nothing else going on that I know of.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
    Carol229
    (female)

Carol229 HB User

My ears have been plugged for more than a month now. I saw a EMT who said except for a slight hearing loss (genetic) everything else looked good. I have constant ringing too. It is very frustrating as you all know. For now I am using a nasal spray and Claritin. It seemed like things were getting better, but my ears are beginning to have that clogged feeling again. I will be interested if any of you find anything more definitive about our common problem. I was cleared to go on a dive trip in a couple of weeks, since my eustacian tubes are clear.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #7
    luv2read
    Veteran
    (female)

luv2read HB User

I hate this feeling. Mine have been like this for years, 24/7. Ears are always clear, no infection. I've put it down to my TMJ problems. It just feels like there should be a big ball of wax in both ears plugging it up. I get the ringing in the ears also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread