It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Recuring Throat "Infection"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
    CowtownChic
    (female)

CowtownChic HB User
    Exclamation Recuring Throat "Infection"

Please Help

I have been having a recuring throat infection many times over the past three years. Many times the doctor has ordered blood test and throat swabs but they never find anything in the tests which include tests for strep and coxsackie virus. I get a horiable sore throat with fever and extreme headaches and have a bunch of tiny white raised blisters on the back of my tongue. And as the "infection" runs its course I have bad coughing spells with pains in my sides, back and lungs and I sometimes vomit from the violent coughing or cough up small pieces of gelly-like phleme and lung tisue.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
    ladybug8372
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybug8372 HB User
    Re: Recuring Throat "Infection"

do a search on cryptic tonsillitis to see if this sounds anything like what you experience. it is a silent type of infection..but after it has gone on for so long...it starts showing itself with constant sore throats. do you still have your tonsils?? are your tonsils normal size...or has doctors ever told you that you have large tonsils??

Old 03-02-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
    ginger65
    (male)

ginger65 HB User
    Re: Recuring Throat "Infection"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CowtownChic
    Please Help

I too get raised white pimple like spots on the back of my tongue. They seem to sit on the papillae. I feel they may be related to tonsil stones which I also suffer from. They are only present when the stones are. The rest of the time the papillae is its normal pink. I am beginning to think the white spots may be formed from secretions from the tonsil or are actual calcified stones themselves lodged on the papillae. Their presence is usually accommpanied by a thick white tongue coating, excess mucous, globus sensation horrible taste and breath and general crappy feeling.

Alternatively, it could be LPR or Laryngo Pharyngeal Reflux which I think I also suffer from to some extent. This is the return of stomach acid, bile and ocassionally un-digested food from the stomach to throat and voicebox. This is known as silent reflux as it often does not produce heartburn. It can however damage the pharynx and larynx. The symptoms I describe are also frequently quoted with LPR.

I have been having a recuring throat infection many times over the past three years. Many times the doctor has ordered blood test and throat swabs but they never find anything in the tests which include tests for strep and coxsackie virus. I get a horiable sore throat with fever and extreme headaches and have a bunch of tiny white raised blisters on the back of my tongue. And as the "infection" runs its course I have bad coughing spells with pains in my sides, back and lungs and I sometimes vomit from the violent coughing or cough up small pieces of gelly-like phleme and lung tisue.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be????

Closed Thread