It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• weird chest pains that sort of feel like hunger pains but hurt worse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2005, 01:08 AM   #1
    liquidstar

liquidstar HB User
    weird chest pains that sort of feel like hunger pains but hurt worse

Tonight I was at work and I started to have a very bad chest pain. I only had toast for breakfast and a bit of rice for lunch, so I just thought it was hunger pains, but in my chest for some reason. I went home and ate a bowl of soup for dinner then later on I went to bed. I woke up with the chest pain again, but also feeling nausious. I laid in bed for awhile, and then noticed that the chest pain would get very intense, and then my stomach would growl, but then it keeps coming back. Maybe the soup didn't fill me up enough? Its a very intense pain which is keeping me from sleeping, water doesnt help. Normally when I'm hungry my stomach just growls, I have never had this much pain from it before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: After I posted I ate 2 pieces of bread to see if it was just simply hunger. The pain when away for a while but then I woke up again with more pains just below my ribs, like the pain moved or something. It was very intense, it hurt so bad. I don't know how hunger can possibly hurt this bad.

Last edited by liquidstar; 03-08-2005 at 04:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
    Tesss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tesss HB User
    Re: weird chest pains that sort of feel like hunger pains but hurt worse

If the pain goes away when you eat then it could be a stomach ulcer or gastritis, although the pain sounds a bit too high for that. I would go to see the doctor, if it is an ulcer then you will need medication for it.

Closed Thread