It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Strep Throat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
    Bernice
    Veteran
    (female)

Bernice HB User
    Strep Throat

My boss took 2 of her kids to the doctors who think they have strep throat. She took the throat culture. I had strep throat years ago which I had a sore throat and a very bad headache where I couldn't even lift my head. Apparently, this doctor said people with strep throat has a smell to them. One of the kids was coughing up blood. Are these symptom of strep throat? The doctor said if the 2 kids have it, she will treat the whole family for it. My boss has been to work and I know it's catching. I don't want strep throat. Will we get it just by being around her? Or do we catch it by drinking out of the same glass?

Thank You,

Bernice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User
    Re: Strep Throat

I havent heard of coughing up flood but i guess if the kid was doing it hard enough it could have caused it to happen a little.

You can get strep from you boss. Unless her and her family have been taking the treatment for at least 48hrs i believe is the time frame for once you start taking the meds. before you should be exposed to anyone else. It'll be a bit harder for you to get it if your boss didnt ever offically get it. But she could bring the virus with her.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Strep Throat

When you say the child was coughing up blood,how much??was it like an active bleed,or just a lttle inside some mucus??You can catch it by drinking out of the same glass.If you go to your doc, they can do a throat culture and let you know.

Closed Thread