It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sore teeth

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
    Madam Captain
    Inactive
    (female)

Madam Captain HB User
    Sore teeth

I've had this problem for years but I thought I had it resolved. I first started getting 'sore teeth' about 10 years ago. The pain seemed to be coming from my wisdom teeth and it made the rest of my teeth sore aswell (top and bottom teeth)This would happen a few times per week and it would last for several hours throughout the day (or night). The pain felt like a throbbing sensation at times but mostly it felt as if someone had punched me in the teeth. Sometimes the pain would be mild and other times it would be quite bad. Painkillers, such as asprin eased the pain but sometimes it didn't. At times I had to take ibuprofen but that didn't always work either. I went to 2 different doctors - one told me it was caused by stress and the other one said there was nothing wrong and I also visited 2 different dentists. They both told me my wisdom teeth looked fine and didn't need removing. I went for a third opinion and saw yet another doctor and he told me my sinuses might be blocked. I had a CAT scan but my sinuses were fine - no blockages of extra fluid. Then I started using toothpaste for sensitive teeth and it worked very well. My teeth were hardly ever sore after that, apart from when I had a cold.

Lately my teeth have been VERY sore and painkillers (ibuprofen and asprin together) have little effect. My teeth are also sensitive to cold drinks lately too (especially my back teeth) The left side is worse than the right and my glands on the left side are slightly swollen. Also, underneath my left cheek is very sore to touch, it feels as if someone has hit me there. I'm about to take some more painkillers, although today hasn't been too bad. Anyone have any ideas about why my teeth are so sore??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 07:17 AM   #2
    frustrated35
    Inactive
    (female)

frustrated35 HB User
    Re: Sore teeth

I get this feeling often and it's because I grind my teeth at night. didn't realize I did that until a boyfriend heard it and told me.

The sensitive feeling I get as well. It seems to have gotton worse the older i get. My dentist said that our enamal wears a little over the years and possibly a nerve is being exposed. Sensitive toothpaste should continue to help. Did your dentist say you had any signs of griding your teeth? That may be all it is.

Old 05-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

Yes, grinding or clenching can do it, and also if your sinuses are inflammed that can cause soreness as well! My dentist seems to think that is what is wrong with mine, as Sensodyne helps me some, maybe try that toothpaste?

Old 05-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
    Madam Captain
    Inactive
    (female)

Madam Captain HB User

Yes, I was told that I could possible grind my teeth in my sleep. I use Sensodyne toothpaste too but lately it hasn't been working.

Old 05-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
    kitkat77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kitkat77 HB User

I was just at the dentists this week for the exact same reason. Diagnosis? Nightly teeth grinding. Time for me to pull out the old mouth guard, which I HATE!!!!!!!

Closed Thread