It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• ahhh help me please im scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User
    Unhappy ahhh help me please im scared

Im 14 and I think i have pin worms.... I'm very itchy and sore... When I get up to walk around, it starts to hurt. I just had them like 5 weeks ago but i found some stuff for it in my bathroom... But then i just got a dog a little while ago she was in the pound for the longest time. So im thinking thats where i could of got them from, becasue my mom hasnt tooken her to get washed and what not. I cant find the medicne or anything, and my mom isnt here. She doenst get back till wensdae and my dad isnt here eather... so I dont know what to do. Is ther anything i can do to get them to go away with out medicne. Plus i wouldnt want to tell my mom cause i hate telling family members personal things like that.. Please help me

-Courtney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User
    Re: ahhh help me please im scared

When you go to school tomorrow, you could go see the school nurse. They should be able to help you.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Honey, is there anyone else with you that can help. An older brother or sister? Any Aunts & uncles close by? I know it seems embarrasing, but you need to have someone
    who can help you out. Mom & dad's are there to help you out with these things. How about a neighbor (adult). You really should call your mom if you can. Just talking to someone who is right there might help. You can try a cool (not cold) bath to try and calm done the soreness. But please, find an adult to help you tonight, OK?

Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

hmm... i dont have skool all this week...and theres no school nurse neways.... my mom doesnt want me calling her. cause she says i call for stupid reasons. cause my bros and i keep getting into fights over stupid things so i dont know

Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Brother always fight over stupid things! That's why God gave them to us. But, seriously can one of you bothers help you with this? Do you have an older brother?
    I don't think you're Mom would be upset if you called cause you were not feeling well,
    and are scared about it. ANd even if you fight with your bros, brothers are brothers till the end, and family is family. Wouldn't they help you if you asked them? Besides, if they've been with the puppy, maybe they have the same problem. Maybe there is a clinic or something nearby that they can take you to tomorrow???

Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

my brs are both older and immature so im not going to talk to them about it... and i cant call my mom agian cause i just called her cause someone just tagged my whole cabin and shes to mad to deal with anything else and i told her i wasnt feelign well but she had to go

Old 05-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Can you think of anyone else who could help? A neighbor or someone you trust like a teacher or pastor? Do you have a family dr you can call tomorrow?
    I don't know of anything to get rid of it without medicine from a doctor. I think you're going to have to trust someone, or wait till your mom gets home. Can you wait that long?

Old 05-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #8
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

hmmm i uno it seems to be feeling worse

Old 05-24-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
    tornup
    (female)

tornup HB User

Do you have grandparents that can possibly help you? Please don't be afraid to ask someone to help you don't need to be going through this by yourself. You might even call your family physicians office and talk to the doctors nurse. Hang in there and please find an adult to help you.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #10
    hillaryb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hillaryb HB User

Ok I am going to tell you something I never told anyone so listen: I got those. At one point in time, me and my brother got them, and they came back for me but I was too embarassed to tell anyone, so I had them for 8 years!!! It was on and off. Every few months they would be back (I guess that was their life cycle or something) and it was awful. I wish I had gone to the doc. I wish I had just said something and gotten treated again properly. They finally went away on their own (have no idea why) but EIGHT YEARS!

Also, Im really sorry that you dont have anyone around you that you can tell. Im hoping when your mom gets back you will feel comfortable enough to approach her on this, and get yourself to the doctor. If you cannot talk to your mom, you need to find another trusted adult to help you. You dont want to suffer like I did. And my mom would have totally listened to me and taken me to the doc. I hope your home situation is better than it sounds. I hate to hear a kid say they cant talk to their parents. Good luck!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #11
    smithn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

smithn HB User

You need to find someone who can help you buy some Pin-X from a local pharmacy or drug store (Wal Mart etc). Wash your hands often. Wash your clothes and bedding. Bathe frequently and use soap and water in the anal area. The Pin-x medication I'm talking about is the cheapest home redemdy solution. It won't kill the eggs but will kill the worms so you may need more than one treatment a couple of weeks apart. Please don't suffer with this. Cripe, if you can even go to your local health department, someone there would help you! Whatever you do, do NOT use the same medication that your animals are using!

Old 05-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

ewww i wouldnt use my pets medicine they dont have ne anyways ewww that would be grosse... does anyone think they will go away on their own?! cause my mom doesnt have enough time to take me any where cause we are having to many serious problems and i dont gots money

Old 05-25-2005, 06:07 PM   #13
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

Omg My Mom Is Going To The Store And I Wanna Ask Her To Get Me Some Stuff But I Dont Know What To Tell Her!!!!!! And Shes Leaving Soon Ahhh

Old 05-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #14
    InNeedOfHelp333
    (female)

InNeedOfHelp333 HB User

k, well i never made the guts to tell my mom ... maybe ill just write her a note or somthing and put it in her room since she has togo out tomorrow in the morning and i dont get up till1 does anyone think thats a good idea?

Old 05-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #15
    cookingmom
    (female)

cookingmom HB User

Hi,

I am praying that you were able to ask your mom for help. If you didn't do that already then just say a prayer and ask God to give your the courage - even if it is to write a note - anything is better than not asking her for her help. I hope you are feeling better. Please let us know how you are.

Closed Thread