It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Getting over a staph infection, now girlfriend is getting it...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
    JetHot

JetHot HB User
    Getting over a staph infection, now girlfriend is getting it...

I had a horrible staph infection started about 4 weeks ago. It started off as looking like a little pimple in my groin area and grew to a knot over 1in by 1in and made everything red around it. I didnt go to the doctor will about 2 weeks into and the pain was so bad it was hard to walk. After 3 visits, 2 shots and lots of antibiotics its turned into a smaller knot underneath my skin. The knot has stayed the same, will I have to get this cut and drained?

Also, my girlfriend is starting to get one know, same symptoms as me, and in the same area. Should we not have sex because of this? Is it ok to share my antibiotics with her?

I need helpful information to get keep her staph infection as little and as painless as possible. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Getting over a staph infection, now girlfriend is getting it...

What you have is a boil or carbuncle, and they are HIGHLY contagious. No, don't share your antibiotics with her...make sure, tho you are taking your entire prescription as the doctor ordered.

Your girlfriend should go and see a doctor as well.

Highly contagious.....if you're having sex, I would think that you would take precautions as to its spreading.

Staph infections can be difficult to control...one example is necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating disease). This may be an extreme example caused by staph infection...but definitely has happened. Staph can be spread into a cut anywhere on the body because it's normally found ON the skin. Add an area that's already infested with an active infection to an open cut and who knows what can happen.

Worst case scenario, maybe....but staph infection be it small.....should be taken seriously.

KNOW what you're dealing with.

Best to you both,
    quincy

Closed Thread