It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• low grade fevers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
    Ebby24

Ebby24 HB User
    Exclamation low grade fevers

I'm hoping someone can please help me. I'm 38 and in April went to the doctor and they discovered my WBC was a little high (13.8). I was rechecked weekly for 3 weeks, and also had some blood in my urine. After a week of Cipro, then a week of flagyl everything was still the same. They sent me to a hematologist. She did blood work there and my WBC was fine (8.1) but the neutrophils were a little high (76.8). She sent off my blood to a university and it came back stating no leukemia or cancers. They also sent the urine off and it came back negative for cancer. The blood that was showing up was traced back to normal skin cells. I then had my IUD removed at her request and the next 2 weeks everything was fine. For the last week my low grade fevers are back. I awake normal in the morning but as the day progresses, so does my temp. I usually take some tylenol, just because my face and checks burn. My temps usually never goes beyond 99.5 though. I don't feel bad in any other way either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
    Re: low grade fevers

The only thing I'd be concerned about, but that you were checked for would be luekemia. I remember my mom telling me she has this same thing! She'd get a fever every afternoon for about 6 months! Anywhere from 99.3 to 100! She was maybe in her late 20's) It just stopped and nothing ever progressed. So I guess it COULD happen!

Old 05-26-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
    antoinettev3
    (female)

antoinettev3 HB User

When was the last time you got your teeth checked?

I had the same problem twice in my life (minus the trace blood in the urine)and it turned out to be an abcessed tooth both times. I had no pain but X-rays turned up the infection and when it was taken care of my low grade fevers cleared up as well.

Hope this helps.

Antoinette

Old 05-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
    meatball
    (female)

meatball HB User

My doc told me that any temp below 100 is considered normal.

Closed Thread