HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Bruises on legs? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/289539-bruises-legs.html)

worried_mommy 05-30-2005 08:21 PM

Bruises on legs?

For months now I've been noticing bruises on my legs. Sometimes on other parts of my body too, but mostly my legs. They used to come in small patches of them, but now they are huge. I have 9 bruises on my legs right now, 3 of which are about 4/5 inches in diameter. I'm not particulary clumbsy, lol. I'm not sure whether I should bother to go to my Dr for this or not, but at any given time I have at least 5 bruises. My DH keeps telling me to go to the Dr, because I can't even where shorts anymore, lol, it's embarrasing. My MIL asked me when we were swimming one day if I would tell her if her son ever hit me, I nearly drown laughing. But obviously it's not just me who notices them. They hurt too, like I had an injury, but I'm sure I didn't, and lots of them are on the insides of my thighs, how could I hit there so often?

What could this be from? Does the warrent a trip to the Dr? My Dr is on maternity leave and I really don't like the Dr who fills in for her, lol. I don't wanna go if it's not important. Anyone have any idea's what this could be from?

meatball 05-30-2005 08:26 PM

Re: Bruises on legs?

I think that you should go visit your doc as soon as you can. You might be anemic which can be causing you to bruise easily. Just have her/him do some bloodwork to rule everything out and find out what is happening. Do you have any other symptoms besides the bruising? Good luck and keep us posted.

worried_mommy 05-30-2005 08:32 PM

Hmm I've never thought of that. I used to be anemic when I was younger and took supliments and went for monthly shots, but since I was 15 or so I eat healthier, and I haven't had a problem. Maybe my iron is low. I don't seem to be tired and listless like I was before though. I guess I'll go to the Dr, but I really hate this guy, lol.

meatball 05-30-2005 08:35 PM

Chances are, if you were anemic when you were younger you might be again. Get to the doc :) and let us know what he says.

worried_mommy 05-30-2005 08:38 PM

Yeah, your right. As far as I know, it never "goes away". Just easier to control now. Bah, I sure hope this isn't starting all over again. Anemia sucks!

kehorner 05-30-2005 09:10 PM

Definitely go see the doctor. It could be something really simple, but there are also some more serious conditions that can cause bruising. The best thing to do is get some blood drawn ASAP to rule out anything serious. Good luck!

worried_mommy 05-31-2005 06:11 PM

Bah, I guess I should go to the Dr then. I didn't think it was a big deal, but my DH and MIL keep telling me too go, lol.

Chris1968 06-01-2005 10:47 AM

Hi there,

I am having the exact problem myself, bruises everywhere but especially on my legs and inner thigh just like you. I was slightly anemic a few years ago, but a fairly recent blood test said I was ok so I just dont know what mine is, although I have a host of other health probs too (undiagnosed) so I dont worry too much about this. I can rub some lotion into my legs and the next day, bruises have appeared!!

Let us know what your doc says, I am really interested,

Chris