It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Can outdoor humidity have an effect on you even while indoors?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
    Evan Conover
    (male)

Evan Conover HB User
    Can outdoor humidity have an effect on you even while indoors?

I've been inside all day, yet feel light-headed and a little dizzy. I'm drinking plenty of water and not exercising, nor could I if I wanted to (recent dental surgery reasons). Is it possible for the summer's humidity to affect you even while indoors?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
    01daell
    (male)

01daell HB User
    Re: Can outdoor humidity have an effect on you even while indoors?

Hey, i have been feeling the same, also i have been getting tired very early and feel sick every now and then, do you get those? I think its all heat related. Heat can be a real pain - i feel sorry for people with phobias that are triggered off by heat! Anyway, keep drinking plenty of water, keep in a well ventilated area, preferably with a fan or an air con unit and sleep well. You might find that if you lay down when you feel dizzy it may relieve it. Whatever you do DON'T GET DEHYDRATED!! That is the worst thing you could do with in heat that you get in our summers.

Anyway, let me know how you get on through the next few days as it is interesting to hear about someone with the same problem as me at the same time!

Dan Ellen

Old 07-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User

Wow. What a surprise. I have been feeling this way for several days now. The humidity has been high and I have been exercising out doors. I drink some water but I guess not enough.

I was getting quite concerned because I didn't know what was going on. Yes, I have been nauseated on and off during this time.

It sounds like we all are in the same boat.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
    dwallech
    (female)

dwallech HB User

it is easy to dehydrate, especially after dental surgery. Make sure to drink, drink, and drink some more. If you get dehydrated it makes you sick on the stomach with a bad headache. Jello, and even children's pedialyte would be helpful

Old 07-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
    Evan Conover
    (male)

Evan Conover HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 01daell
    Hey, i have been feeling the same, also i have been getting tired very early and feel sick every now and then, do you get those? I think its all heat related. Heat can be a real pain - i feel sorry for people with phobias that are triggered off by heat! Anyway, keep drinking plenty of water, keep in a well ventilated area, preferably with a fan or an air con unit and sleep well. You might find that if you lay down when you feel dizzy it may relieve it. Whatever you do DON'T GET DEHYDRATED!! That is the worst thing you could do with in heat that you get in our summers.

Anyway, let me know how you get on through the next few days as it is interesting to hear about someone with the same problem as me at the same time!

Dan Ellen
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twanger
    Wow. What a surprise. I have been feeling this way for several days now. The humidity has been high and I have been exercising out doors. I drink some water but I guess not enough.

I was getting quite concerned because I didn't know what was going on. Yes, I have been nauseated on and off during this time.

It sounds like we all are in the same boat.
    Since posting this, I've been feeling better. The dizziness is decreasing, and I strongly believe, for me, it's due to the Amoxicillin I've been taking since having dental surgery which has been lowering my blood pressure. Normally, my blood pressure is around 115/70 (19 years old, 125 lbs) and after taking a dose, it's been as low as 105/58. I've backed down on the amoxicillin, which has greatly helped.

Hopefully I'm right about this conclusion.

Last edited by Evan Conover; 07-19-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Closed Thread