It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• How Long after Shoulder Arthroscopy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
    mrm

mrm HB User
    Question How Long after Shoulder Arthroscopy?

My name is Matt and I initially dislocated my right shoulder in 2002. After concurrent disolcations, I had a surgeon perform arthroscopy on 2/8/05. It's now been well over 5 months, and I am still having pain in the areas of incision (right at the front of my shoulder). My whole goal for having the surgery done was to get back to weight lifting, but I am very reserved to go back to the gym for fear of reinjury. I was wondering if anyone had similar symptoms and what they did. I really need to get back in shape, but I feel this thing is never going to heal. Any ideas or advice? God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
    Re: How Long after Shoulder Arthroscopy?

Hi, Did you have physical therapy after surgery? Slow exersize that P.T.'s can show you may be of help. Due to the injury, which has probably involved the ligaments, tendons, as well as muscles can take a while to heal. I've just gotten thru a bout of displaced ribs that took 4+ months to get rid of all the pain. Physical therapy helped the most. Slow going is the key, I think. Try not to rush back into weight lifting as this could only aggravate it more. See if the place you work out has any good trainors which could help work out a slow program for you.

Closed Thread