It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• yellow furry tongue along with other probs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
    ditapp
    (female)

ditapp HB User
    yellow furry tongue along with other probs

last november I started getting very sick. I had nausea, vomiting, diarhea and constipation alternating and lime green stool, It was like the worst hangover or a nightmarish stomach flu. Docs were clueless. 4th doc said it was gall bladder. Beginning of July had gall bladder removed. Same symptoms persist. Last week my tongue turned yellow. I have scrubbed and scraped and it has gotten worse. It is actually fuzzy and feels like my tongue is turning to suede. It is in the back and middle of my tongue. It almost feels as if it is in my throat. This really sucks. I am 21 yrs old, I can't drink alcohol or eat most foods. Anyone have any ideas??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
    Amberay
    (female)

Amberay HB User
    Re: yellow furry tongue along with other probs

It sounds like thrush. Does it look like a thick coat of frosting? Thrush is also very painful. Were you on antibiotics? I got thrush from that. You should have the doctor look at it right away because it will only get worse. Don't scrub it, that makes it worse also. Also, in the mean time, eat a lot of yogurt! I know, it's a pain! I had it for 3 weeks!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
    ditapp
    (female)

ditapp HB User

occasionally I have a burning feeling.What is Thrush?

Old 08-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #4
    CARAT414
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CARAT414 HB User

Thrush is an an oral yeast infection. It can be cause by several things but seeing how sick you were I would assume you were on antibiotics and that is a major cause for it. You can try to eat plain yogurt if you cant get ahold of your doctor, otherwise it is best that you get a prescription for Nystatin and you wil be just fine in a few days.

Casey

Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
    TootsieRoll

TootsieRoll HB User

more then likely with havign your gallbladder removed they give you a very high iv dose of antibiotics.. I had mine removed and it caused a yeast infection on my skin from it.. So its possibly that it affected your mouth. Yeast will burn, itch, and just plain make your mouth feel fuzzy and weird...

If indeed you do have yeast.. See you dr for a diagnosis and throw away any old dental items you were using.. Keep changing toothbrushes out until its cleared...

good luck to you

Old 03-09-2008, 05:43 AM   #6
    Tiger1405
    (female)

Tiger1405 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ditapp View Post
    last november I started getting very sick. I had nausea, vomiting, diarhea and constipation alternating and lime green stool, It was like the worst hangover or a nightmarish stomach flu. Docs were clueless. 4th doc said it was gall bladder. Beginning of July had gall bladder removed. Same symptoms persist. Last week my tongue turned yellow. I have scrubbed and scraped and it has gotten worse. It is actually fuzzy and feels like my tongue is turning to suede. It is in the back and middle of my tongue. It almost feels as if it is in my throat. This really sucks. I am 21 yrs old, I can't drink alcohol or eat most foods. Anyone have any ideas??
    This does sound like a yeast infection, as for doctors half the time they don't know what there talking about. Your might want to do a bit of research on Candida and yeast infections. Hope this is of any help =)

Closed Thread