It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Anyone know?? Looking for alternate answers besides "You're Pregnant"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
    sarah_bear001
    (female)

sarah_bear001 HB User
    Anyone know?? Looking for alternate answers besides "You're Pregnant"

The last like week or so, these have been my symptoms:

Headaches
    Heartburn
    Nausea
    Completely exhausted all the time
    Back Pain
    Funny taste in my mouth
    Cramps
    I feel really bloated

I am on birth control, but I dont always take it properly I know I know, this is bad, so there is a possibility that I could be pregnant, but I am curious if these symptoms could suggest anything else anyone can think of? I don't always have them all at the same time, Except being tired, I am always so so so so tired. Can anyone help? I do plan on taking an EPT soon but if it's negative then I want somewhere else to look

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
    RubySlippers
    (female)

RubySlippers HB User
    Re: Anyone know?? Looking for alternate answers besides "You're Pregnant"

How about we wait till your EPT results come back?? Then we'll know if your symptoms are pregnancy, thus no need to respond or something else, in which case I'm sure there are lots of folks who could offer an opinion.

Let us know if your pregnant or not after you take the test.

Good luck to you!

Angela

Old 10-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RubySlippers
    How about we wait till your EPT results come back?? Then we'll know if your symptoms are pregnancy,
    HPTs are not always accurate. The only way to find out if your pregnant if by doing a HPT or having a pregnancy blood test at the doctors. The blood test can be done around 5-7 days after conception.

Its possible the BCP are making you feel this way. But yes you can get pregnant while taking BCP though it isnt that common. Do a test and if its faint positive, stop taking BCP and see your doctor for confirmation. If its negative, your probably not pregnant but if your in doubt have the blood test.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
    sarah_bear001
    (female)

sarah_bear001 HB User

Thanks for your help, my period is due in about two days, so I was planning to see if it shows up or not, but my symptoms are still going strong, so I think I'll take an EPT first thing tomorrow morning. I know I should just wait and be patient, but I really do not want to be pregnant, so I think I am trying to spend time figuring out what else it could be.
    I also forgot to mention I have cramping as well, about once a day it will happen, not major, but feels just like menstrual cramps, and goes away within an hour.
    I have been on birth control for almost two years and it has never given me any side effects actually, and the same with my period, my breasts tend to get sore, but that's it. That's why I'm concerned, since none of these symptoms are normal for me, I figure somethings up.
    But I will let you guys know and if anyone else has any opinions, I'd like to hear them. I mean, are there any other conditions that are sometimes mistaken for pregnancy?

Old 11-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Im going through the same thing myself at the moment but its far too early for me to do a test. I did give in earlier and did a test nearly 2 weeks too early, lol.

Sometimes it takes a while for HCG to build up and you need to continue testing right up until you miss your 2nd period before you get a positive. Sometimes even longer. The only 100% accurate way of finding out is by doing a quantitative blood test at the doctors. It measures the HCG in your blood and anything over 5 is pregnant.

When I was on BCP I did conceive but had a MC at 3 months. I remember BCP gave me a lot of pregnancy symptoms and I wasn't pregnant at the time. Its possible its this causing your symptoms, pregnancy or maybe even a strange tummy virus.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #6
    sarah_bear001
    (female)

sarah_bear001 HB User

Thank you Whitelight, and I'm sorry to hear about your MC.
    I have two HPT's sitting on my desk in my bedroom just waiting for me
    But I feel like I have no confidence in them, so even if it said negative, I would still feel like I'm pregnant. Soooo I will perhaps go to the doctor for the blood test, sounds like the best way to clear my mind.
    Do you or anyone esle know, is it the kind of blood test where they draw blood and then you have to wait several days for the results? Or can they tell you right away? Do walk-in clinics generally have the same equipment as doctor's offices and be able to test me? I'm asking because I would have to go to a clinic as my doctor is on holiday. I've also heard that doctors urinary pregnancy tests are much more sensitive and reliable than HPT's. Is that true? I think I might get off the computer and go right now, I'm getting antsy!
    If I'm not pregnant, it's a very strange tummy virus indeed, I'm adding "peeing every hour" onto my list of symptoms lol. There's almost no doubt in my mind now, although I thought at first I could have mono or something, I've been so tired.

Last edited by sarah_bear001; 11-01-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #7
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Lol peeing every hour is another symptom or pregnancy. I heard its probably one of the most earliest pregnancy symptoms. Thank you.

You'll have to ask for a Quantitative blood test. It takes blood from your arm like a normal blood test and you have to wait 2-4 days for the results. Whatever you do, dont get a Qualiative. This test is rubbish and just gives you a yes or no answer.

My god no. Doctors urine tests are about as accurate as weeing on a dandilion. There the same as a pregnancy test but honestly, there useless if your HCG is low. It will say your not pregnant if your HCG is low when next week it will say your definitely pregnant. I wouldn't have this test.

Erm Im not sure if clinics can do a Quantitative blood test. The best thing to do is ring them up and ask just to be sure.

I'm buying a test either tomorrow or friday but it really it far too early for me to tell. Good luck

Old 11-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
    RubySlippers
    (female)

RubySlippers HB User

I didn't even have any regular pregancy "symptoms", just a late period. I took an OTC test (this was 17 years ago) and it was right on target.

The results were positive and I definitly was preggers....

How late are you for your period? Are you on the pill? (you may have answered these questions in a previous post but I didn't read them all verbatim...just skimmed thru).

Please let us know if the OTC test is positive or negative okay?

Good luck
    Angela

Closed Thread