It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• migraine cause arm weakness/clumsiness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2005, 05:39 AM   #1
    joviyach74
    (male)

joviyach74 HB User
    Question migraine cause arm weakness/clumsiness

I went to the Dr. yesterday to ask about this weakness/clumsiness that I am feeling in both my arms since Tuesday night. My arms feel exactly like they would after doing a lot of bicep curls. The Dr. said that it is most likely muscle fatigue. All of my reflexes are normal, no reason to believe that I have suddenly gotten MS or Parkinson's, etc...

Yesterday and Wednesday, I had pressure in my head that attributed to a sinus infection, but now today I have all the signs of actually having a migraine. Decreased peripheral vision, extreme pressure, etc... Is it possible that the migraine could be causing this arm weakness as well?

Last edited by joviyach74; 11-11-2005 at 05:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
    indyana
    (male)

indyana HB User
    Re: migraine cause arm weakness/clumsiness

I get migraines myself that can last for a few days or even a week if it is really bad. The migraine will tend to give one side throbbing pain, but can be both sides, pain that radiates to the back of the head and the pain will be felt in a different area than a sinus infection. Migraines tend to make you real tired because what the body goes through dealing with the pain and sometimes the residual pain of the migraine can be the worst. It is very possible that the sinus infection is throwing off your equilibrium, which would explain the they often fo that if they are bad enough. What you are describing sounds like a bad sinus infection, not a migraine. Even if you don't exhibit some of the classic signs of migraines(light sensitivity, noise sensitivity,popping lights in vision, nausea), light and noise sensitivity are usually always present, if you don't have this than I would say with confidence that it is the infection and not a migraine. And if it is true migraine pain, just being up and walking around is a challenge. The pain will make you want to detach your head from your body to get it to go away.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #3
    joviyach74
    (male)

joviyach74 HB User

The pain and feeling of swelling I am getting is on the left side, my jaw is popping sometimes, and there is pain on the left at the base of my neck/head. I feel dizzy/tunnel vision, and light-headed, sometimes a little nauseous. I have had migraines before, but I don't remember having the feeling of cluminess in my arms before.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #4
    indyana
    (male)

indyana HB User

The symptoms that you are describing now sound more like those associated with a migraine. When you were diagnosed with your migraines, was it while having an attack? What do you take for your migraines, Imitrex? I was looking on the internet and stubled across this website:
    http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/migraine.html

It says that the pain is typically felt around the eye or the temple area, but can also be felt in the face, sinus, jaw or neck area. This would explain why you have the pain in your neck and jaw area. Hope this helps you and that your headache goes away soon.

Closed Thread