It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• pounding pulse in my head?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
    JWT
    (male)

JWT HB User
    pounding pulse in my head?

Several times a day I can hear or feel the puls in my head on the right side. I can be relaxed on the couch when it happens.

Also, if I get my pulse up, I can REALLY feel it in my head. It isn't like a headache, just a strong pulse sensation. It has the same beat as my pulse if I check it.

What could cause this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2005, 02:47 AM   #2
    dutch-ny
    (male)

dutch-ny HB User
    Re: pounding pulse in my head?

Consider the danger of very high blood pressure! I had a checkup done. My blood pressure was in the 200's. The Doctor got that serious attitude and checked everything that was possible and wanted me to go directly to hospital . Was on the verge of serious problems! I had your problem your body is telling you to see doctor before things get more serious!!!!!

Last edited by dutch-ny; 11-26-2005 at 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 11-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
    JWT
    (male)

JWT HB User

This all started with a bad headache on my right side every day for about 2 months. I went to the doc & my BP was high. I am now on BP meds & my pressure is down where it should be. It got rid of my headaches, that or they just happened to disappear the same time we got my BP down.

Now I have no headaches at all. But still have the neck pain, sore temple & tender scalp that I had with my headaches. For 2 weeks now I have been hearing my pulse on the right side of my head. Sometimes while resting & it gets even worse upon exertion or getting my pulse elevated. I have checked my BP during these episodes & it is normal.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
    hillaryb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hillaryb HB User

This is called pulsitile tinnitus. I had it for about 6 months. It was very loud, and got louder when I was moving around. I had a sinus infection and TMJ, and after a month of antibiotics, it started to improve. I am at the point now where I almost don't have it anymore. I hear it when I am very physically active, but it wasn't caused by high BP for me. I did some research and this is the rare form of tinnitis, and can have several causes. It can be caused by an arterial issue (non life threatening) sinus issues, and for some people a cause cannot be discovered.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
    JWT
    (male)

JWT HB User

I have lived with sinus issues all my life. Just before all this started a few months ago, my sinuses SEEMED to get better than they have in years. I have been addicted to nasal sprays for a couple of years in order to be able to breath out my nose. All of a sudden, I didn't need it! But then all this started! Traded one bad thing for another!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 AM   #6
    Matewson

Matewson HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch-ny
    Consider the danger of very high blood pressure! I had a checkup done. My blood pressure was in the 200's.
    You had regular pressure checkup and it showed your Systolic pressure is 200 or it was some special test?

Closed Thread