It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• cloudy urine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2006, 04:39 AM   #1
    o_janus_o
    (female)

o_janus_o HB User
    cloudy urine

I've had cloudy urine off and on for a little while, not very cloudy, but just barely. So not cloudy, in fact, that I wasn't sure if it was really there or not. I decided I must be seeing things.

The past week or so I've had consistently cloudy urine. Not every time, but several times a day it will be VERY cloudy.

I've done some research and seen that it can be caused by acute kidney failure, which I think I would know by now if I had. I don't retain water, I urinate a healthy amount, and not too much.

I also saw that it can be kidney stones, but I don't have any pain in my kindeys. I'm very confused and rather concerned.

I usually take prilosec and I havn't been able to find it recently so I've been taking a lot of tums. Does anyone think that the calcium in that could be doing it? I've done some research and havn't really been able to find anything relating the two.

I don't feel particularily out of sorts or anything. I don't feel sick, weak, or anything like that.

I have an apointment on the 15th for my anual so I'm going to ask about it then, but I'm curious if someone has any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Janus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
    Copsgrl8
    (female)

Copsgrl8 HB User
    Talking Re: cloudy urine

Quote:
    Originally Posted by o_janus_o
    I've had cloudy urine off and on for a little while, not very cloudy, but just barely. So not cloudy, in fact, that I wasn't sure if it was really there or not. I decided I must be seeing things.

The past week or so I've had consistently cloudy urine. Not every time, but several times a day it will be VERY cloudy.

I've done some research and seen that it can be caused by acute kidney failure, which I think I would know by now if I had. I don't retain water, I urinate a healthy amount, and not too much.

I also saw that it can be kidney stones, but I don't have any pain in my kindeys. I'm very confused and rather concerned.

I usually take prilosec and I havn't been able to find it recently so I've been taking a lot of tums. Does anyone think that the calcium in that could be doing it? I've done some research and havn't really been able to find anything relating the two.

I don't feel particularily out of sorts or anything. I don't feel sick, weak, or anything like that.

I have an apointment on the 15th for my anual so I'm going to ask about it then, but I'm curious if someone has any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Janus

Cloudy urine could be a UTI or bladder infection. But you saying your not in any pain? Does it burn at all when you go to the bathroom? Does your urrine have a strong smell??

This is the only thing I could think of because that is what happens to me when I get a UTI.

Good Luck

Terri

Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #3
    o_janus_o
    (female)

o_janus_o HB User
    Re: cloudy urine

No, no smell, no pain, nothing.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

Sometimes it can be a sign of protein in the urine.. I've read that before. You should get it checked out. They can do an easy urine analysis to at least rule out anything. It could be from a number of sources such as an infection.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #5
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

You can have a bladder infection with the only symptom being cloudy urine. I have a little test - urinate into a small jar (baby food jar, something small and clear), and see if what looks like little pieces of skin tissue are floating around in it - I have found that to be a sure sign of bladder infection.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:20 AM   #6
    o_janus_o
    (female)

o_janus_o HB User

Thank you so much. In the past 1/2 hour I've begun getting an ache in my lower right back. I had forgotten that about a month ago I had some pain for a couple days with no other symptoms and then it went away. I didn't think much of it after that. Now it makes me think it's likely an infection.

Thank you all so much.

Closed Thread