It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• swelling on my upper LEFT SIDE???PLEASE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
    dicktracy
    Inactive
    (male)

dicktracy HB User
    Lightbulb swelling on my upper LEFT SIDE???PLEASE

MY UPPER LEFT SIDE IS SWOLLE ALL THE TIME ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SAUCER STICKING OUT ABOUT 1 AND 1/2 INCHES,IT LOOKS LIKE A FOOTBALL IS BEING PUSHED FROM THE INSIDE OUT,IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.I WAS TOLD THERE ISNT ANYTHING THERE ,BUT MY STOMACH,IS THAT TRUE?ITS THE UPPER LEFT SIDE KINDA TOWARDS THE FRONT,IM A MALE..PLEASE HELP,I WENT TO A CLINIC ,THEY CHARGED ME 35.00 AND TOLD ME THEY NEED TO RUN TEST..I DONT HAVE ANY INSURANCE,SO THAT WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION TO RUN TEST..THOUGHT YOU ALL COULD GIVE ME AN IDEA!!IT DOESNT HURT,BUT SOMETIMES SORE..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: swelling on my upper LEFT SIDE???PLEASE

depending on just exactly where this is actually located in that area,it could be the spleen or pancreas,or even the some underlying issue (swelling of some sort much deeper)that is pushing these organsd more to the forefront.but any sort of lump or swelling or any new unusual looking area that is not the norm should really be evaluated.the best thing i think at this point for you would be to just have some bloodwork done to see if anything is out of the normal range.they can check all of the organs this way by looking at the enzyme levels which would most likely show 'something' that is either too high or too low and at the very leas hopefully be able to pin down just what area is actually being affected.

when my son was found to have a liver problem,the back up of blood was actually causing the spleen and the pancreas to be pushed to the surface.I am in no way saying this is what is going on with you,but 'something' is causing some organ to appear much more prominant.i would think the most likely culprit would be the spleen.like I stated before.just getting bloodwork done would help alot.If something is affecting the spleen(like some sort of viral infection?)it can cause it to swell.Just some thoughts.

without having any insurance and trying to save some money,the cheapest thing that you could do right now would be the bloodwork.unfortunetly this would also require a doc visit.but the blood tests would help alot and really would be worth it to have done.just the basics.I wish you luck in trying to find the source of the swelling.hopefully it is some viral issue and will dissipate over time,but you DO need to find out what is actually causing this to occur.please keep me posted,**

Old 04-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
    dicktracy
    Inactive
    (male)

dicktracy HB User
    Smile Re: swelling on my upper LEFT SIDE???PLEASE

thanks for YOUR REPLY...ITS SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING...DO THEY HAVE BLOOD TEST YOU CAN GET AT WALMART?

Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: swelling on my upper LEFT SIDE???PLEASE

Wish it were that easy.no you cannot get these types of tests at any store anywhere.unfortunetly you will have to see a doc and have them order the tests to be done.the thing is though,this really would be the best way and it IS also the cheapest way for you to get all of the basic workings of your body systems.you really DO need to have this done since there is quite obviously something going on there or you would not have any sort of swelling going on.you have to find out whats causing this.

Speaking with your docs business office would be the best wayto go here with regard to your no insurance issue.in most cases,they can work out a payment plan with you.my son now has to do this when he sees the doc as he does not have ins either.they are usually pretty good about trying to work out something that will work for the both of you.This is your health afterall,and they do know the needs of people to have to take care of themselves.it is not the same as trying to buy a stereo and working out a financing schedule,you know what I mean?i really DO think the bloodwork would be the best wayto go.just tell your doc because of your situation you need to have all of the bloodwork done all at once,not test one area and come back and do another.i am sure he/she will understand.but you DO need to have it soon.

i hope this helped.please keep me posted on what you find out.Good luck,**

Closed Thread