It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Chronic Bad Breath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #61
    victim00
    (female)

victim00 HB User
    Re: Chronic Bad Breath

hi tinker

i did went to an ENT doc before and i think he did an endoscopy for me, if im not wrong, they will put a tube down your nose and into your throat area, he didnt mention anything about a henia or whatsoever, just say that i have a lot of mucus, so i believe maybe for my problem, its not the stomach but the throat, by the way do u have a bitter taste when u swallow, i get it often and i feel a lump in the throat, the ent doc did prescribe some medicine to dry up the mucus etc but it seems no use, im kinda afraid that there maybe no cure for my b.b .............. anyway do u have a lot of 'gaps' on your tongue surface, mine have and im afraid that it maybe a breeding ground for bacteria and u cant do anything to your tongue except to scrap it ...... but even after i scrap it, it still is whitish .......... do u get the same thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 05:21 AM   #62
    victim00
    (female)

victim00 HB User

hi oceanside,

do u have the syptoms of a lump in the throat feeling whenever u swallow and hw often do u get b.b? every minute and seconds?

Old 06-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #63
    tinkerbell000
    (female)

tinkerbell000 HB User

hi victim,

No what the ENT did was called getting scoped...this is when they look at your throat alittle deeper. That is how I was diagnosed with acid reflux/gerd. Yes near the back of my tongue there are gaps, the symptoms you are describing are the same as mine. I believe you have acid reflux or LPR. AN endoscopy is when a GI doctor (stomach doc) puts you under and they look with a camera all the way down your esph into your stomach. You are not awake for this. I am having this done at a hospital on the 27th of June. I am also have a 24 hour ph test done..this is when they put a small capsale in my esph and the capsale moniters my ph throughout the day. It eventually dislodges. Now you have the lump in your throat, sour taste in mouth, bb, sour throat...i would either ask your ent about acid relfux or lpr. Also go to a GI, i mean you can wait till i have the endoscopy done to see if it is even worth it. A hiatal hernia can cause bad breath...this is closely related to gerd/acid reflux. If it is bad enough they do a surgery called a fundo...i heard it is painful after getting it, i believe they wrap your stomach to take away the hernia. A ENT does not deal with hernias. THey are also checking to see how much damage the acid did as well as if i have any ulcers. I have a lot of muscus as well, but acid reflux, gerd and lpr cause it...so it may be from that. I have been swishing with sea salt water and it seems to help alittle...not greatly but it does help alittle.
    I will keep you posted

Old 06-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #64
    victim00
    (female)

victim00 HB User

hi tinker

thks for the explanation, hmm, alright, i will wait till u had ur test done before i decide on anything, do keep me noted on this ya, i was also thinking whether to see another ENT on this matter but like u say, i will wait, i did try swishing with sea salt water but it helps like for 5mins i guess ......

Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #65
    tinkerbell000
    (female)

tinkerbell000 HB User

Hey victim,

I wonder if that stuff mucinex would help us? It says its supposed to get rid of excess mucus? Do your ears pop? I can make my pop on command...its horrible. i think that i have so much mucus that is blocking my ears bc my ENT looked inside, did a hearing tests, and a tymp which checks if there is fluid in my ear. ALl tests were negative...ahhhh. i am just so sick of this, i want this cured by september bc i start to student teach then. Hopefully the endoscopy will show somthing that is fixable.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #66
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Hi, Victim;
    Yes I did had that lump feeling in my throat as you described. I saw my doctor for any latest medications for my sinus congestion and difficulty breathing. At his office I saw the latest procedure for snoring called Somnoplasty. I went home and did a search on the internet a/b this procedure because I felt my BB had to be related to blockage of my throat and back of my tongue (breeding ground for VSC). I had two procedures done; one for my nasal congestion and one for snoring. My uvula no longer touches the back of my throat and I no longer feel the lump b/c the Somnaplasty shrank the surrounding tissues. My nasal/sinus saw somewhat of an improvement but BB still linger 24/7. However, i do believe as now i can breath easier there's circulation in my nasal and mouth. I beleive my BB has reduced slightly, but not enough where I can live and engage in conversations with others w/o feeling paranoid of my BB. You should look into the Somnoplasty procedure as it's one area of possible causes of my BB I can eliminate. I will ask my doctor for a third procedure that shrinks my tongue, that way less surface area for VSC to build up on my tongue. I don't now, nor have the answer. Jus very desperate in finding a cure. Im in my late 30s and i don't want to live my life alone since BB has ruined so many relationships i had. The lastest girlfriend broke up with me. The only explaination she gave me was that something prevented her from falling in love with me. Undoubtedly that something was my BB. It broke my heart. The last time we made love she got up and brushed for teeth. I felt so hurt and devastated. Than again, I don't blamed her. In the heat of passion it would be very hard for me to kiss someone with sewage coming out of her mouth and breath. This illness is such a curse. Sometimes I feel I just have been a murderer or someone whom committed some henius crime and reincarnated to serve my sentence/punishment in this life. After all I will have to endure this suffering for the rest of my life.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #67
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Victim,
    I posted that besides, ChuckWho, I was cured of my BB in the mid 80's, yes that how long I had endured this nightmare. At that time I found Lavoris Mouthwash. I graduated from high school and was in college. I remember I found Lavoris at a drugstore that carried items hard to find. I used it and MERICLE it worked. My BB was gone. Other people/students stopped moving seats away from me during lectures and class. It was the greatest thing that had happend to me. Anyway to make a long story short, Lavoris went bankrupted and was sold. Unfortunately, they changed the formula and used, patended "Zantrate". My BB returned my worst nightmare relived. It was Lavoris that alleviated my BB. Like I said, today's formula doesn't work anymore for me. But it may work for some of us. The ingrediate IS Zince Oxide but not the same as 1980's formula. I wrote the company asking them to use the old formula. The representative said she wil check with formulation department and emailed me back but said they can't just one person. Please test my theory. Try to get a bottle of Lavoris Mouthwash to see if it works for you. Since we used every products out there that claimed "cure", four bucks is a cheap price to pay to test my theory.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #68
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

CHRONIC HALITOSIS-A POSSIBLE CURE.

Dear, fellow BB sufferers. I have followed along your threats and have read every single threat. Like you have have endured this nightmare for over 30 years. It has ruined my relationships, dashed my hopes, and crippled me as a man. I have used the most severed latend alcohol-based mouthwash that's stacks the shelves, to the lastest claimed as a cured by Katz, Speiser, and others. I've used it all. Let me get to my point. Besides ChuckWho, I was temperary cured of my BB in the mid 1980s. At that time I used Lavoris Mouthwash, Cinnimmon flavor with Zinc Oxide and Zinc Chloride. It worked. I was cured for 2yrs and lived a life we all imigined. However, Lavoris Mouthwash went bankrupt and was sold. The new owners changed the ingrediants. It not longer works for me. Some of you should try it. Maybe it might be a mericle for you as it was for me. We can also rally together and email Lovoris Mouthwash to change its formula back to how it was in the 1980's without the marketed labled "patended" Zantrate. It's just a marketing strategy they used to get people to buy their mouthwash. It's very hard to find. CVS discontinued the product but you can get it throught the internet. Please test this theory and let me know. If someone in the 1980s had used Lavoris and had a mericle happend to them, please let me know as I want to know if it was this mouthwash that helped me. Good luck with your search for a cure.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:06 AM   #69
    victim00
    (female)

victim00 HB User

hi oceanside,

have u seen any doctors on ur b.b besides the one that did a Somnoplasty for you, for all these years? thank you for the recommendation, however it is very expensive to ship to my country thus, i do not think this method works for me bec if it works tat means i have to spend tons of $$$ just to get this cheap product ... im always wondering, is there really no cure for b.b??? is it really related to our respiratory or gastro ??? dont you think we should get to the root of the problem instead of constantly using mouthwash that is only a temporarily measure?

i understand how u feel as that is what im facing now ... so far i have been to an ENT and they had concentrat on just treating my 'lump in the throat' feeling ... so i guess in the near future i will go to other docs, i really hope to be rid of the problem by finding out what is the source, but i have read about so many people seeing lots of doctors but there is no cure for them ... but i have also seen the hundreds and thousands of people around me who do not have this problem at all even though they eat all sorts of stuff, so what is it about me that is so different from them, one thing is for sure, they have a rosy tongue that i do not have, sometimes i do wonder if its the ph level in my saliva or the muscus in my throat that is causing the problem or maybe its candidia yeast that i have got, i think i have not seen enoough docs yet .... but sometimes it can be a depressing issue when u thought the doc can cure you but maybe it is just another disappointment .....

Old 06-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #70
    victim00
    (female)

victim00 HB User

hi tinker
    so are u saying that the muscus is not causing the b.b? hmm then maybe for ur case, it could be the acid reflux...hope ur test will show something....sigh i too wish that i will get rid of tis prob!!!!
    abt the mucinex, u could try it but then since muscus is not causing the b.b, i dun think it b of any help, and i do not get the pop in the ear, just a ringing sound in my ears ........

Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #71
    tinkerbell000
    (female)

tinkerbell000 HB User

Hi victim,

I really have no idea if the muscus is causing my bb. I know that excess muscus is a symptom of acid reflux which i have. I just want this to go away!!! I hope my endoscopy finds something and i can just correct it. Do you have any bathroom problems...bc i think that could be a factor too. I never used to go the bathroom, however, now on this med for acid reflux i am having diarrhea. Ugh....

Old 06-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #72
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Hi Victim;
    I sorry u won't be able to order the mouthwash. Yes, I have seen doctors for my BB. But the Drs continues to dismiss the problem. the lastest dr. said it could be acid reflux so he had testing done, but nothing showed up. I will see ENT, as my search continues. I had deviated septum performed many years ago. No help with BB. Oh well. Don't want to give up but as the years past by, and the kind of life that I am unable to live, i get very down and depress. I pray that someday we all can be free of our curse. It sure would be nice to freely talk and laught with others instead of worrying about BB.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #73
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

Has anyone hear from denny333 lately? She was cured of her BB by using colloidal silver. If you have please let me know her progess as I got myself a bottle of Colloidal silver and eager to test it out. I pray I may have positive results as denny. wish me luck.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:43 AM   #74
    tinkerbell000
    (female)

tinkerbell000 HB User

Hi oceanside,

I have had bb since i was 14...so its def something that caused this to happen. i have also been diagnosed with acid reflux, what tests did u have done. I was scoped which was how i was diagnosed...i was then put on ppi's however, none of them are working. My ent sent me to a GI and he is performing a endoscopy at the end of this month to see what is going down there. I think that my bb is def stomach related, bc it gets worse with any kind of food.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #75
    oceanside
    (male)

oceanside HB User

tinkerbell,
    I have BB all my life. As hard as it has been, I've endured this nightmare on my own. I had visited drs but they all dismissed my problem, so I just kinda gave up hope that drs can treat me. When I was in my teens I saw an ENT. He looked at my tonsil stone and was completely blown away of what in the world it could be. He was more ignorant and clueless than I was. He poked at it, sprayed antisectic, stuck a scope down my nose and at the end told me don't worry at a/b it. I've always felt that it was PND, sinus infection related, but not sure. I will be more aggressive from now on in seeking help from a doctor. Three weeks ago my doctor said it was acid reflux. He did tests, and result was negative. So that was the last of it from him. I am trying the Colloidal Silver drips for sinus infection right now. I only used it last night and this morning. So far, nothing, no improvement with BB, but it's still early. I will continue to use it and give it time to destroy the infected sinus cavities. Hopefully a possible cure. If you havn't read about it's effacacy, read Denny333 threats. It worked wonders for her BB. I am happy for her because this intervention has worked wonders in curing her BB thus far. That's is why I want to know if anyone has heard from her and how her progress is coming along. Take care. I hope it works b/c currently Im in Hawaii on my vacation and tonight I am flying to Maui for the weekend. It sure would be a dream come true for me if this Colloidal Silver frees me of my BB.

Closed Thread