It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Saunas and Steam Baths

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
    Podee
    Veteran
    (male)

Podee HB User
    Saunas and Steam Baths

I've always been a firm believer that regular extremely hot saunas and steam baths are good not only for the complexion, but the general health. I had a steam room built in my house and even in this heat wave of summer I still take one almost every day, followed by a cold cold shower.

Research on the internet seems to show some immune boosting benefits from this hot/cold cycle. During a sauna/steam session, the body’s temperature increases to an artificial fever-like state. This is the "fever" that Hippocrates refers to: “Give me a fever and I can cure any disease.”

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Mine is anecdotal only but I've been doing this regularly since I was 16 and I almost never get sick, and still look like I am 20 years old, even in my thirties. Of course, more to it than that as I posted elsewhere
    [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=395094&page=2&highlight =steam+newman[/url]

but just wondering about what people think of the sauna/steam health benefits via personal experience.

Last edited by Podee; 07-21-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread