It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sternum Pain, NO cough, ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
    kjsykes
    (female)

kjsykes HB User
    Sternum Pain, NO cough, ???

Hi,
    I went to see my doctor yesterday with constant pain in my sternum area. It did start a few days ago as a bad sore throat and so I thought I was having an upper repsiratory infection. But I have no cough, no fever, no shortnes of breath, no nasuea, etc. I just have this constant pain pretty localized to my sternum area but sometimes twinges below my breast area as well.
    He gave my Predisone and Zithromax b/c he thought it was an inflammation of the lung sac area (he listened to both my heart and lungs, but no EKG or anything). I started both medicines last night (2 Zithromax and one Predisone and then another Predisone this morning). I still have the same amount of pain and no painkillers really help either.

Do you think this is more serious then it sounds or do you think with this medicine regiment this should clear up soon?

Can anyone please offer help? I am really starting to get worried about this pain?!?!? It hurts no matter what I do (deep breathing or just sitting still)

Thanks, Kara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Trouble breathing/swallowing, pain in sternum, very difficult to exercise shawleigh17 Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 11 09-28-2011 04:05 AM
    Left Breast & Sternum pain ta2edredhead General Health 3 07-21-2009 06:32 AM
    sternum mass with pain LFrogs Open to All Other Health Topics 1 04-06-2009 09:25 AM
    Sternum Feels Bruised mole76 Heart Disorders 2 01-06-2008 11:33 AM
    Does yout sternum hurt to touch? myohio Acid Reflux / GERD 7 03-17-2007 05:57 AM
    has anyone broke their back and sternum at the same time redbullwings Back Problems 7 10-16-2006 12:14 PM
    Sternum pain after Open Heart Surgery??? jefbeck Heart Disorders 7 07-25-2005 05:49 PM
    Fractured Sternum? freebie General Health 2 04-18-2005 06:02 AM
    pressure on sternum, increased w/deep breaths? pdrq221 Open to All Other Health Topics 5 08-17-2003 01:56 PM