It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• MUCUS, help me! I have to swallow every 15 seconds!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
    az_wildcats
    (male)

az_wildcats HB User
    MUCUS, help me! I have to swallow every 15 seconds!

I have never had this problem before, but two weeks ago my sister got me sick with a cold. I recovered pretty easily, but now EVERY 15 seconds i have to swallow because the back roof of my mouth gets filled with nasty mucus! I cant stand swallowing it but i wont be able to talk if it keeps building up! Basically, if you take your tongue, and touch the roof of your mouth and back a bit where it's soft, that's where it's coming from!

Please help!...I'm only 16....i dont wanna die or anything

Also, please note, this is not my throat area, it's frmo the roof of my mouth!

Update: I also think it may be allergies....if specs of dust fly up my nose, i tend to sneeze it out (like small amounts that cause irritation). When i drink soda, my throat burns and my eyes start to tear (i drink pop max @ one a year), and my own tears burn my eyes! Please help!

Last edited by az_wildcats; 04-02-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: MUCUS, help me! I have to swallow every 15 seconds!

You may have a sinus infection. Have you been to a doctor?

If mucous is yellow or green or dark grey, it is most likely an infection and you will need to see a doctor for proper treatment.

If mucous is clear, it is probably just sinus drainage due to allergies. This is allergy season. Cough up and spit out onto clean kleenex and see what color it is.

To help clear the sinuses, irrigate sinuses with saline solution. This will wash out the mucous, is healing, and will help reduce drainage.

If the mucous is caused due to allergy to pollen, etc. this time of year, you may need to take an anahistamine to help control the problem.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
    az_wildcats
    (male)

az_wildcats HB User

No i havent been to a doctor since it has only been two weeks since the cold, but I just did the spit thing you told me and it's 100% clear. I havent had this problem before in other springtime seasons....what's up? just sinuses clearing?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
    az_wildcats
    (male)

az_wildcats HB User

hello? it just got worse, there are red ...spots, like red circles in the back of my mouth, and it's gotten worse!

right when it started,
    I recently get a tetanus shot and a tubercyulosis test shot (they injected something under my skin to see if i had it or not).....am i doomed? my dad is calling the doctor, but what should i prepare myself for?

Last edited by az_wildcats; 04-03-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Closed Thread