It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Mystery longterm illness...dizziness, sensation of movement, sometimes anxiety??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
    davo7
    (male)

davo7 HB User
    Exclamation Mystery longterm illness...dizziness, sensation of movement, sometimes anxiety??

Hey everyone, I am a 23 year old male who has had no real health problems either mentally or physically his entire life. 5 months ago on a trip to South East Asia I was walking around one morning and all of a sudden had this strange feeling come over me. It’s hard to describe but basically it became very hard to walk like my feet were uncoordinated and the ground was kind of moving. Basically I had to lie down for a while before struggling back to my hotel. The next few weeks I again noticed these symptoms particularly when walking around or standing still in the same position (particularly when looking at a shop shelve etc.). I felt kind of disorientated, my legs felt strange and kind of detatched and weak and the ground did not feel solid under my feet. Upon returning back to Australia I again noticed the symptoms and after a night out drinking they suddenly became really bad! Since then I have been unable to work and although I have kept trying to go out and about now I am basically house ridden.
    The symptoms I have noticed during this time include
    - strange feelings in my head rather…more fuzzy or pressure rather then sharp pains
    - a virtual inability to stand still in the same position for any period of time…I feel the ground moving, my legs getting weak, a feeling in my head and my body swaying
    - trouble walking for the same reasons as above….I notice the symptoms are worse on hard surfaces, slopes and especially going up or down stairs
    - often trouble sitting upright – I can feel my body moving around, even sometimes moving slightly as my heart beats
    - if I try to do any task for too long I can become completely kind of fatigued as all of the above symptoms get worse and after lying down I can often feel hard surfaces moving around.
    - After the few times I have had alcohol in the following months I had horror hangovers where I basically could not move and when I did it resulted in a panic attack sort of episode.
    - Sometimes I have had panic attacks but these have occurred in all sorts of places not just out in public….i presume they are panic attacks as I become shaky, heart rate increases, I feel like I forget how to breathe and I become very weak after them.
    These symptoms are always there pretty much but are definitely worse during certain random times.

I have seen a few doctors, naturopath, councillor and a neurologist and have had numerous blood tests, a CT scan and a MRI of my head. All they have found wrong is evidence of the CMV and EBV viruses in my system and an inability to stand upright with my eyes closed. My current doctor thinks it could be virus related but basically doesn’t know. My last doctor, the neurologist and councillor were all of the belief that there must be something physically wrong with me and it is the symptoms causing the anxiety rather then the other way round. I took st johns wort for around 3 months but it didn’t seem to do a thing

Any ideas would be really appreciated as basically I have really suffered the last five months and am not getting any better. Am probably going to have to move back home with parents now as I am all out of other ideas to get better??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread