It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sore tongue, patchy red spots

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2001, 11:08 AM   #1
    Shell6678

Shell6678 HB User
    Angry Sore tongue, patchy red spots

Hi! I have had this problem for a really long time, ever since I can remember...Whenever I eat crackers, chips, cereal, lollipops, icecream, popsicles, hard candy, or anything hard, (anything dry or anything that I need to use the "sucking motion" for) the next day my tongue is so sore. I get these bright red patchy raw areas scattered around my tongue. I tried to research on the internet but I only came up with what they call "Geographic Tongue" and that isn't supposed to hurt. Sometimes I get it but I can't recall what gave it to me. Someone here at work mentioned maybe I am lacking some sort of vitamin. Has anyone ever had this? or know a cure for it? I usually have to wait it out, usually takes a few days and it hurts constantly. Even when I'm not eating. I do drink lots of water which helps to keep it from getting dry, which hurts more. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Shel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2002, 05:41 PM   #2
    yen99

yen99 HB User
    I get them also due to my allergies to wheat and barley. Also if I have cinnamon. Get tested for allergies if need be.

Closed Thread