It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• 18 year old male with no armpit hair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
    cmdcorranhorn

cmdcorranhorn HB User
    Talking 18 year old male with no armpit hair

I am an 18 year old male and am very self concious about my lack of armpit hair. I have about the amount of hair a 12 year old would have (If you look close enough you can see very thin patches of hair - but if u look from a distance u can't really see any hair). Since I am not a hulking body builder I feel weird having my armpits looking like this. I desperately want to grow hair there. Even just enough so that people can clearly see hair there would be fine with me. My father doesn't have tons of hair in his armpits but it is long and very noticeable. ANother 2 things, I need to shave like once every 3-5 days so I do have the makings of a normal 18 yr old's face reguarding hair. Heck i have sideburns now that are longer then my armpit hair. Also my armpits have been this length for about 3 years so I have kinda given up on puberty bringing more on since I am pretty sure I am wrapping that up. Everything else is normal, even have pretty hairy legs. How can I remedy this situation? I even thought of trying rogain out there, but after buying it i saw that it may be dangerous to try it on non scalp, still I am considering it :-)

Please post any comments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    You are only 18 so you still have time to grow and mature yet. You may just be one of the slower ones. One thing you should consider is that with less hair you should have less worries about body odor as there isn't as much hair to trap the body odor and make you "stink" as fast as someone with hairy armpits.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:52 AM   #3
    einad81

einad81 HB User
    Has your doctor ever tested you for hormone levels? Maybe your levels are off balance and that's why the lack of body hair. Cause men and women both have estrogen and testosterone. Men have more testosterone and women have more estrogen. There is medication that can be prescribed to fix this. Hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:24 AM   #4
    Gine2D
    Inactive

Gine2D HB User
    Consider yourself lucky if that is your only problem to worry about as a teen.

G

Old 07-29-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
    projapoti
    Inactive

projapoti HB User
    Yeah...I was wondering about your hormone levels as well, but then you mentioned that you have normal facial hair. To be honest, there's probably nothing wrong with you, and the reason that you don't have armpit hair is:

1) Hereditary reasons: you'll end up growing hair in the next few years. (this is not as uncommon as you think...I'm 23 right now, and in the past 3 years is when my facial hair started getting the most thick)

2) Hereditary reasons again: but you may not ever grow hair.

I'll be honest with you, I know you're self-conscious about it, but I guarantee you that no one will really notice. Even if they did, they still wouldn't say anything. And even if they DID say something, think about it--does it really change the way they think about you? No. Will a girl ever not get together with you because you don't have any armpit hair? No.

Closed Thread