It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Constant shaking....hard to function

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
    *Versailles*
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

*Versailles* HB User
    Constant shaking....hard to function

I can't stop shaking!!! I don't feel cold...and I don't feel sick, but I can't stop shaking. This happens to be several times a week in like bouts. It usually lasts a few hours affects my ability to function. I can't seem to figure out any triggers.

The first time I was with my boyfriend enjoying a relaxing movie when I started shaking like this. When I lay down it gets worse and my legs literally bounce off of the bed as they shake. Other times have been at work (stressful and non-stressful times) and tonight just sitting down. I don't feel stressed about anything. I am excited about a new job interview but other than that, can't think of any stressors.

This is terribly debilitating. I have problems with my thyroid (hypo), PCOS, and some chronic pain, but not sure if any of these can cause this.

I think I'm going to my doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering if I could get any insight on here.

Thanks,
    Vers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
    Rita27
    (female)

Rita27 HB User
    Re: Constant shaking....hard to function

I think that thyroid problems might cause this. I have thyroid problems, and it affects every aspect of your body.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Constant shaking....hard to function

i would have to tend to agree with Rita here.it could very well be the thyroid issue casueing this.but there are other possible reasons this could be occuring too.getting this looked into by your doc is the very best way to go.it really sounds like your body is carrying a very high 'tone',which would make the shaking happen.this could be some level of involvement having to do qwith your sympathetic nervous system.the stellate ganglion actually sits within your neck too,just like the thyroid.it is always possible,espescially if you actually have any nodules,that something is irritating that stellate which would stimulate the 'fight or flight" response within you.too much adreniline could be going into your system at certain times.just something that should be checked out.i have direct sympathetic damage and my body has been stuck in that fight or flight mode since the day it happened back in sept of 03.i have very high tone and spasticity now becasue of just this part of my damage.just one other good possibility.seeing your doc should help to narrow down the possibilities anyways.good luck and please keep us posted, **

Closed Thread