It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sudden, Severe elbow, forearm pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
    SheaUSMC
    (female)

SheaUSMC HB User
    Question Sudden, Severe elbow, forearm pain w/ high BP & Heart rate

Two days ago, I awoke around 1am with a severe pain around right elbow that, at times, radiated down my forearm. I had a very high heart rate (178) and my blood pressure was ridiculously high (198/107). After taking a couple of asprin, the arm pain vanished but the high heart rate and blood pressure were still elevated when I presented at the ER around 3am. I was given a nitroglycerin patch over my heart that reduced BP and heart rate. EKG and heart enzymes were both normal, so I was released. The rest of that day and night were uneventful, as well as the following day, yesterday. However, last night I awoke around 3am with same arm/elbow pain. The onset is not precipitated by injury, is sudden and very severe. I do not do any strenuous activities or repetitive exercises with that arm. Have never had problems in that area before, not even injuries. This pain comes on very fast and very hard. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?
    Heart, blood clot, arthritis, etc.?
    Thanks for any information I might be able to use to track down the problem.

Last edited by SheaUSMC; 01-10-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
    Bengie
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bengie HB User
    Re: Sudden, Severe elbow, forearm pain w/ high BP & Heart rate

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SheaUSMC View Post
    Two days ago, I awoke around 1am with a severe pain around right elbow that, at times, radiated down my forearm. I had a very high heart rate (178) and my blood pressure was ridiculously high (198/107). After taking a couple of asprin, the arm pain vanished but the high heart rate and blood pressure were still elevated when I presented at the ER around 3am. I was given a nitroglycerin patch over my heart that reduced BP and heart rate. EKG and heart enzymes were both normal, so I was released. The rest of that day and night were uneventful, as well as the following day, yesterday. However, last night I awoke around 3am with same arm/elbow pain. The onset is not precipitated by injury, is sudden and very severe. I do not do any strenuous activities or repetitive exercises with that arm. Have never had problems in that area before, not even injuries. This pain comes on very fast and very hard. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?
    Heart, blood clot, arthritis, etc.?
    Thanks for any information I might be able to use to track down the problem.
    tendonitis

Closed Thread