It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Too many CT scans - How many have you had

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
    sugaragus
    (male)

sugaragus HB User
    Too many CT scans - How many have you had

Hello: Just wondering how many CT scans and x-rays other people have had. Over the past 4 years I have had 4 abdominal, 4 chest, 3 brain, and 2 sinus CT scans. I've also had about 10 xrays too. I am a little worried about how many i have had and I was wondering how many CT scans other people have had. Please let me know how many and what type and how long ago. I think just knowing that other people are in the situation can alleviate some of the worrying that I and others have. Also let me know if you have cancer now as a result of all of the radiation. Thank You.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
    Re: Too many CT scans - How many have you had

Over the last 3 years, I've had 2 CT scans, 2 MRIs, 2 bone density tests, 1 complete bone scan, and over the last 30 years dozens and dozens of x-rays. I also worked in a field that exposed me to x-rays on a regular basis. I have had no ill effects from any of this exposure as of yet. I hope you won't either.

Of course, we all need to be careful not to be exposed to any more radiation than absolutely necessary, but we can be exposed to more than most people realize without any problem.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
    texan1771
    (female)

texan1771 HB User

How about the flip side? I HAD cancer and due to it,I honestly couldnt tell you how many catscans Ive had since dignosed in 2006 over 40 at least the LAST one I had was done in Dec.07 and the cat scans they give cancer patients you have to drink the nasty stuff yuckky and then the iodine contrast in a IV.Well after you have had so many,you get used to them,well one day I had drunk all the stuff they hooked me up to the iodine,then BAM the iodine (which I have had a million times before) almost led to my death!!! I coded and they got me back,I ended up in ICU.Now,no more drinking the stuff because ALL they will do now is MRIs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Ginger

Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #4
    sugaragus
    (male)

sugaragus HB User

Thanks for responding. I'm hoping to get a lot of responses and see how common it is to get this many scans. The last 2 were because of physical injuries and I asked for other tests and they said they had to do CT scans. Of the 2, the 1st they thought I damaged my spleen and the 2nd they thought was an Appendix. Both negative and un-needed radiation. But they had to be done because of the 'what-if' factor.

Closed Thread