It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• dizziness and lightheadedness, please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
    Shannatoo
    (female)

Shannatoo HB User
    dizziness and lightheadedness, please help!

Hello,

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but here it goes:

For the past two days I have been experiencing some intermittent dizziness/lightheadness and kind of "brain fog" for lack of a better word. I started my period on April 12 (Saturday) and the dizziness started yesterday (April 14). However, I am wondering if it could be related as I have definitely had heavier bleeding than is normal (maybe anemia?).

Also, my wisdom teeth are coming in but there is definitely not enough room in my little mouth (they need to be removed but I have a horrible fear of dentists so I've been putting it off!), could this be contributing to my dizziness, or could it be something else completely (although I'm not having any pain at the moment)?

The dizziness seems to come randomly, it has happened while sitting as well as upon standing and I feel dizzy and kind of weak for like 45 seconds or so.. I have been putting my head between my legs when this feeling arises and that seems to help a little bit, but it keeps coming back.

So could these things be related? And is there anything I can do/take to relieve this dizziness? I have an exam tomorrow and it is very hard to read/study when you are constantly dizzy!

Thanks!

Shanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
    geezgeez
    (male)

geezgeez HB User
    Re: dizziness and lightheadedness, please help!

You could have anemia which has the symptoms that you describe. You could take some iron suppliments as that is what the body lacks when it has anemia.

I doubt it would have anything to do with your wisdom teeth, other than if you also had an infection in that area which the symptoms you describe would normally accompany a slightly high fever.

Do you have easy access to a doctor, if so I would definately go and get yourself checked out. Feeling dizzy is something that should be investigated.

Last edited by geezgeez; 04-16-2008 at 01:23 AM.

Closed Thread