It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Dizziness and pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
    gav23
    (male)

gav23 HB User
    Dizziness and pressure

Hi, can someone please give me some advice. Over the last 3/4 years, for a period from one day to a few weeks I have been getting strange feelings in my head. The symptoms are slight pressure headaches as if i'm underwater a few metres deep, dizziness and a general spaced out feeling. The first time I had it I went for a scan and everything came back clear, but the doctor didn't tell me what was wrong and because it ended up clearing I just got on with things. I'm starting to get concerned because it's affecting day to day things and I would like to know if it is serious or not. I would also like to know if medication may help. I've been given prochlorperizine and cetirizine hydrochloride. Cetirizine hydrochloride is for hayfever symptoms, but prochlorperizine is for symptoms including vertigo. I cannot remember now if taking these tablets helped or not.
    Should I start taking the prochlorperizine again and if so how many times should I take them (I don't have the box just the strips).
    Many thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
    thesouth1980
    (female)

thesouth1980 HB User
    Re: Dizziness and pressure

Sounds like vertigo. I'm not sure what you could take for it. I always just let it pass. I have it off and on too for the last 3 years or so. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about it? I've just dealt with it. I would like to know too if anyone else knows

Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Does it happen mostly when you stand up? Or is it a feeling you have all the time? If it mostly happens when you first stand up from a seated position, then it's possible your blood pressure is just dropping too low too quickly and you have to concentrate on getting up more slowly. Some of your meds may cause your blood pressure to be really low and that may contribute to it.

I'm just guessing, because I have had the same kind of weird pressure feeling in my head when I stand up too fast. After getting several different tests, which all came up negative, I decided not to worry about it. Yeah it's annoying as heck but since nothing came up, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
    gav23
    (male)

gav23 HB User

Hi guy's. I get the spaced out feeling mostly all day, like as if i'm slightly drunk/dreaming. If I put my head back, forward or turn it quickly I get dizzy, where as I would normally be fine. It does go, but I am worried it is serious. I will just try and get through it. I am going to start taking the prochlorperizine twice a day and see if it passes.
    Cheers.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

That does sound a lot like vertigo. Especially the part about turning your head and getting dizzy when you lean your head backward. Have you gone to see an ENT yet? They could provide you with more answers than a regular doctor. The meds they give for vertigo would be like meclizine. Or Valium. Meclizine works well but it knocked me out when I used to take it for vertigo. Valium is better, in my opinion. But unfortunately it's highly addictive.

Last edited by Kszan; 04-23-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
    wednesday76
    (female)

wednesday76 HB User

Hi there,

I have something very similar going on, but in addition to a bunch of other stuff unfortunately.

I also feel spaced out or on something all the time, and have a strange pressure feeling going on.

I have no idea what it is. Sorry I am not helpful, but I do understand how you are feeling.

Hope you find out what it is. Curious to know if the meds work for you.

Take Care

Closed Thread