It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Frequent Big Bruises

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
    crazyhamster
    (male)

crazyhamster HB User
    Frequent Big Bruises

Hey guys, my first post, glad to find such a helpful community.
    I would like to request the help of you guys regarding a situation faced by my girlfriend.

I have noticed that she bruises quite easily and when it bruise, it bruise BIG. Allow me to illustrate further. A simple fall on her knees will cause her to have 2 big bruises on her knees. The bruises are around the size of a saucer. I realised that it is not a one off thing, but when she cycled at an island and fell, the same thing happened at her thigh.

I am really worried about her and would like to hear some inputs from you guys. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    Re: Frequent Big Bruises

A girlfriend of mine is on blood thinners, she gets bruises like this. I wonder how thick your girlfriends blood is? Also low vitamin C can sometimes cause this too. If she does have really thin blood Vit. K can help. Someone else may have some better insight for you. Just thought I'd put my 2cents in.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
    cody48
    (female)

cody48 HB User
    Re: Frequent Big Bruises

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazyhamster View Post
    Hey guys, my first post, glad to find such a helpful community.
    I would like to request the help of you guys regarding a situation faced by my girlfriend.

I have noticed that she bruises quite easily and when it bruise, it bruise BIG. Allow me to illustrate further. A simple fall on her knees will cause her to have 2 big bruises on her knees. The bruises are around the size of a saucer. I realised that it is not a one off thing, but when she cycled at an island and fell, the same thing happened at her thigh.

I am really worried about her and would like to hear some inputs from you guys. Thanks in advance!
    While this could be just a case of bruising easily (which I also do) I would certainly see a doctor. Try to do so while she has one of the bruises so that he can see them for himself. Don't put it off, if for not other reason than your peace of mind. Good for you for being concerned!

Closed Thread