It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Feel terrible in the mornings

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User
    Exclamation Feel terrible in the mornings

I feel yucky in general, but seems to be worse in the mornings. I have no energy and feel weak and just plain strange. It seems to get a little better by about noon - although still not up to par. I am 44, normal weight, exercise regularly, don't smoke or drink, don't drink coffee, eat healthy and my bloodwork & hormone levels are all normal - doesn't make sense. I have friends who smoke and drink and don't exercise and feel just fine! I had some palpitations and wore a 24-hour heart monitor which indicated I have some PACs - Premature Atrial Contractions, but have been told thay are not serious and are not indicative of my symptoms. Is this all just anxiety or could something else be going on? It's very frustrating! I did take Nortriptyline for about 10 years but got off early last year. Felt fine until about March of this year when I got a very bad cold and cough - which went away, but still don't feel right. I'm very achy too - a feeling of being ill when in fact all tests show that I am healthy and should be feeling fine. I am hypothyroid and taking synthroid but TSH levels are normal. Any suggestions? I'm tired of feeling this way and want to feel normal again - if there is such a thing! Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
    alwaysaworrier
    (female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

You could be perimenopausal - why not hop over to Menopause Board and have a read thru posts. Just a suggestion

Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
    SHARON1952
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

i have just found out i am hypothyroid i feel awful in the mornings i am on 50 mcg thyroxine at the moment it takes me about an hour to get motivated in the mornings my mother is the same but it gets better as the day goes on most days

Old 06-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #4
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

Hi Natty,

I wake up most mornings feeling like I partied all night, when I had not. I'm pretty sure my problem is anxiety. Work has been very stressful. Lately, I've been taking a Pepcid AC and a clonazapam (prescription anti-anxiety med)
    when I get up. By the time I leave for work my stomach is settled. However, I never really feel "good". I'm 48, had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and never really had any menopause symptoms. I'm on Zoloft for depression. I have a lot of aches and pains - mostly neck and back. I'm not overweight. I think I'm just over stressed. Retirement is all but a fantasy for me since I have to be 70 for full benefits. That is a great source of my anxiety (thinking how in God's name am I going to keep going like this for over 20 more yrs) and depression.
    You may be experiencing the same thing as me - stress.

Hope you feel better soon,

JB

Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHARON1952 View Post
    i have just found out i am hypothyroid i feel awful in the mornings i am on 50 mcg thyroxine at the moment it takes me about an hour to get motivated in the mornings my mother is the same but it gets better as the day goes on most days

Maybe it is Hypothyroid - I would think that by taking synthroid and my TSH levels being normal range that I would feel ok, but maybe not? Thanks for your response.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alwaysaworrier View Post
    You could be perimenopausal - why not hop over to Menopause Board and have a read thru posts. Just a suggestion

I had my hormones levels all checked a couple months back and they were completely normal. But I wondered the same thing. Thanks for your reply.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
    Hi Natty,

I wake up most mornings feeling like I partied all night, when I had not. I'm pretty sure my problem is anxiety. Work has been very stressful. Lately, I've been taking a Pepcid AC and a clonazapam (prescription anti-anxiety med)
    when I get up. By the time I leave for work my stomach is settled. However, I never really feel "good". I'm 48, had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and never really had any menopause symptoms. I'm on Zoloft for depression. I have a lot of aches and pains - mostly neck and back. I'm not overweight. I think I'm just over stressed. Retirement is all but a fantasy for me since I have to be 70 for full benefits. That is a great source of my anxiety (thinking how in God's name am I going to keep going like this for over 20 more yrs) and depression.
    You may be experiencing the same thing as me - stress.

Hope you feel better soon,

JB
    Hi JB,

Yes, I've heard that dreaded word many times - stress! but yes, you said it well - "feeling like you partied all night!" just a general feeling of being ill - aches and pains too. well, stress can do wonders on the body I suppose. Xanax does seem to help and I may consider going back on an anti-dep. It just bothers me that I have to take a pill to feel "normal" Thanks for your reply.

Closed Thread