It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



General Health Message Board

  • Feel terrible in the mornings

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Orlando, Florida
    Posts: 96
    Natty44 HB User
    Exclamation Feel terrible in the mornings

    I feel yucky in general, but seems to be worse in the mornings. I have no energy and feel weak and just plain strange. It seems to get a little better by about noon - although still not up to par. I am 44, normal weight, exercise regularly, don't smoke or drink, don't drink coffee, eat healthy and my bloodwork & hormone levels are all normal - doesn't make sense. I have friends who smoke and drink and don't exercise and feel just fine! I had some palpitations and wore a 24-hour heart monitor which indicated I have some PACs - Premature Atrial Contractions, but have been told thay are not serious and are not indicative of my symptoms. Is this all just anxiety or could something else be going on? It's very frustrating! I did take Nortriptyline for about 10 years but got off early last year. Felt fine until about March of this year when I got a very bad cold and cough - which went away, but still don't feel right. I'm very achy too - a feeling of being ill when in fact all tests show that I am healthy and should be feeling fine. I am hypothyroid and taking synthroid but TSH levels are normal. Any suggestions? I'm tired of feeling this way and want to feel normal again - if there is such a thing! Thank you

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
    alwaysaworrier
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2003
    Posts: 217
    alwaysaworrier HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    You could be perimenopausal - why not hop over to Menopause Board and have a read thru posts. Just a suggestion

     
    Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
    SHARON1952
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: england
    Posts: 762
    SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    i have just found out i am hypothyroid i feel awful in the mornings i am on 50 mcg thyroxine at the moment it takes me about an hour to get motivated in the mornings my mother is the same but it gets better as the day goes on most days

     
    Old 06-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #4
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: USA
    Posts: 844
    granny0 HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    Hi Natty,

    I wake up most mornings feeling like I partied all night, when I had not. I'm pretty sure my problem is anxiety. Work has been very stressful. Lately, I've been taking a Pepcid AC and a clonazapam (prescription anti-anxiety med)
    when I get up. By the time I leave for work my stomach is settled. However, I never really feel "good". I'm 48, had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and never really had any menopause symptoms. I'm on Zoloft for depression. I have a lot of aches and pains - mostly neck and back. I'm not overweight. I think I'm just over stressed. Retirement is all but a fantasy for me since I have to be 70 for full benefits. That is a great source of my anxiety (thinking how in God's name am I going to keep going like this for over 20 more yrs) and depression.
    You may be experiencing the same thing as me - stress.

    Hope you feel better soon,

    JB

     
    Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Orlando, Florida
    Posts: 96
    Natty44 HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHARON1952 View Post
    i have just found out i am hypothyroid i feel awful in the mornings i am on 50 mcg thyroxine at the moment it takes me about an hour to get motivated in the mornings my mother is the same but it gets better as the day goes on most days

    Maybe it is Hypothyroid - I would think that by taking synthroid and my TSH levels being normal range that I would feel ok, but maybe not? Thanks for your response.

     
    Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Orlando, Florida
    Posts: 96
    Natty44 HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alwaysaworrier View Post
    You could be perimenopausal - why not hop over to Menopause Board and have a read thru posts. Just a suggestion

    I had my hormones levels all checked a couple months back and they were completely normal. But I wondered the same thing. Thanks for your reply.

     
    Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Orlando, Florida
    Posts: 96
    Natty44 HB User
    Re: Feel terrible in the mornings

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by granny0 View Post
    Hi Natty,

    I wake up most mornings feeling like I partied all night, when I had not. I'm pretty sure my problem is anxiety. Work has been very stressful. Lately, I've been taking a Pepcid AC and a clonazapam (prescription anti-anxiety med)
    when I get up. By the time I leave for work my stomach is settled. However, I never really feel "good". I'm 48, had a complete hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and never really had any menopause symptoms. I'm on Zoloft for depression. I have a lot of aches and pains - mostly neck and back. I'm not overweight. I think I'm just over stressed. Retirement is all but a fantasy for me since I have to be 70 for full benefits. That is a great source of my anxiety (thinking how in God's name am I going to keep going like this for over 20 more yrs) and depression.
    You may be experiencing the same thing as me - stress.

    Hope you feel better soon,

    JB
    Hi JB,

    Yes, I've heard that dreaded word many times - stress! but yes, you said it well - "feeling like you partied all night!" just a general feeling of being ill - aches and pains too. well, stress can do wonders on the body I suppose. Xanax does seem to help and I may consider going back on an anti-dep. It just bothers me that I have to take a pill to feel "normal" Thanks for your reply.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)! MISKC91 Fibromyalgia 11 03-31-2010 05:31 AM
    Feel worse in mornings Natty44 Anxiety 33 10-15-2008 08:11 PM
    Oh man I feel so much better! why dont Dr.s tell us this??? xrayu Digestive Disorders 8 09-09-2008 10:47 AM
    Very Tired-does anyone else feel this way with IBS? Need reassurance kellysmum Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 8 09-04-2007 08:58 AM
    Why do I feel like I need to take it all??? shelley7491 Addiction & Recovery 26 05-27-2007 10:15 PM
    Anxiety is TERRIBLE in the mornings when I wake up...WHY? Josh_B Anxiety 14 05-13-2006 04:44 PM
    Anyone else feel like HELL in the morning? fibrostinks Fibromyalgia 14 02-08-2005 12:51 PM
    Anyone feel like this too? IsisAngel Depression 5 10-13-2002 01:22 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 AM.





    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!