It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• how to recolonise with good bacteria

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
    shelly1234
    (female)

shelly1234 HB User
    how to recolonise with good bacteria

has any one had success with a product that helps recolonise the gut with healthy bacteria other than everyday acidophilus tablets?

Last edited by shelly1234; 06-28-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: how to recolonise with good bacteria

Pre and post gallbladder surgery I started taking "PB8 Pro-biotic Acidophilus for Life" with approval of internist and surgeon. This is over the counter, not a prescription.

PB8 is a blend of Lactobicillus acidophilus, Lactobicillus plantarum, Lactobicillus rhamnosis, Lactobicillus casei, Lactobicillus paracsel, Lactobicillus salivarius, Bifidobacterium bifdum, and Bifidobacterium longum.

Acidophilus must be taken 1 hour before a meal or 3 hrs. after a meal since the stomach acid destroys Lactobicillus.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: how to recolonise with good bacteria

You should take a supplement called Natren's Healthy Trinity, available at Whole Foods stores and also online. It's great stuff. My mom started taking it after her gall bladder surgery and she quite literally never gets sick with colds and stuff. She buys me some whenever I have to be on antibiotics and it helps prevent a lot of the side effects, since antibiotics kill off all bacteria, good and bad, so you have to put it back again.

I have also used a brand called florajen but I prefer Natren's because it's really great stuff. It's a little expensive but it's worth it. I buy the 3-in-1 capsules because I don't want to have to take 3 different pills, myself. But my mom buys the 3 separate pills and has been for many years. She swears by it and has been for a long time.

Closed Thread